News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Taking an early temperature on people's thoughts for this season

Started by DaveBrown74, Today at 07:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooners56, katkavage, Painter and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

How do you see the Giants' season going this year?

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: katkavage on Today at 09:49:12 AMGood post. You have to assess the schedule. As of today how many teams on that schedule will the Giants be favored?

5-6 wins if Bowen bombs, up to 10 if he is legit as schedule is a bit easier this year.

Jclayton92

I like schoen and Daboll but after 3 drafts we should see a plan, we should see a team forming and I don't see that yet. Plus with the hole at Qb and other spots it's hard to understand the vision but that has been the case for 10 years.

uconnjack8

I said 7 or 8.  For me it's all about whether the offense will be significantly improved or not. 

The defense will be improved if the offense seems is. 

Painter

I have been posting in BBH, and before it on BBWC, for a very long time and have learned that no matter the circumstances a good fan roots, not hoots, toots, or boots. Should you wonder why, you are either a newbie, or you haven't been paying attention. In any case, we all should know that the purpose of the guessing games are to?  <:-P

Cheers!

AZGiantFan

IMO it will boil down to 3 things:

1) the play of the O-Line.  In the unlikely (IMO - the triumph of experience over hope) event they improve to average, eg, cut the sacks down by half,

2) the defense's ability to stop the run, something they were horrific at last year, and

3) Daboll running a real pre-season rather than last year's cheerleader camp,

then I could see them at the very good level.  But if those things do not materialize the best they can hope for is mediocre, with a good chance at poor.

As an aside, DJ was sacked 30 times in 6 games.  The other QBs were stacked 54 times in 11 games.  So the sack rates, 5 per game, were pretty much the same, calling into question the narrative that DJs sacks were his own fault - unless you want to argue that the others shared his fault.  But hey, "eye test".  Yay?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll