News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Titans request to interview Kafka for their HC job

Started by MightyGiants, January 11, 2024, 07:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I'm writing him a letter of recommendation.  :smoking:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Mike Vrabel would be an interesting DC hire.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 11, 2024, 09:32:04 PMI'm writing him a letter of recommendation.  :smoking:
I'd be willing to give them the $3M they don't have to pay Wink to take him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 11, 2024, 09:34:27 PMMike Vrabel would be an interesting DC hire.

He only has one year of experience as a DC. Far more as Head Coach. Not sure he'd be great for the role (if he was even inclined to look for something other than HC).

killarich

Yes Titans ! Replace Vrabel with  Kafka ! He is far superior  !

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 11, 2024, 09:34:27 PMMike Vrabel would be an interesting DC hire.

Mike Vrabel has been a head coach long enough and with enough success, that I doubt highly that he interviews for anything less than HC opportunities anywhere.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on January 12, 2024, 10:09:09 AMMike Vrabel has been a head coach long enough and with enough success, that I doubt highly that he interviews for anything less than HC opportunities anywhere.

Mike is very well-regarded in the league.   Hell, I wish the Giants could land him as their head coach.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Report comes out that Amy Titan didn't like Vrabel's declaration a being "a Patriot for life". Huh? He made his bones there. Why would that bother her?   It shows the Titans thought process is totally dysfunctional.

Comical at this point. :what:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

miss86

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 12, 2024, 08:28:37 PMhttps://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1745976404401877092?s=20
As a Giants fan, I was never "freaked out" that Kafka might leave
for a HC job elsewhere. Why would I? The offense was not spectacular or even exciting in 2022 or 2023. Plodding would describe the Giants 2022 offense to me. Well, maybe not, plodding would describe a team with a running game. With our OL in 2022 and 2023, the running game was stifled. I had 1 glass of wine too many. At least we knocked the snot out of the Philly. Go Giants.

nb587

Do people think that its a good idea to change HCs and OCs every 2 years?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on January 12, 2024, 10:41:02 PMDo people think that its a good idea to change HCs and OCs every 2 years?

I don't. As a fan base we seem to have become used to it though and have forgotten about the value of continuity. Giants fans (not all but many) seem to want to fire everyone at the first sign of adversity. Including a second year HC who was the NFL coach of the year in his first year.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 11, 2024, 09:32:04 PMI'm writing him a letter of recommendation.  :smoking:

LOL
You think it really was Kafka calling all those runs up the middle and lame screen passes on 1st and 2nd down?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"