News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thibodeaux says Barkley should have been paid before Jones

Started by shadowspinner0, January 25, 2024, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

It's always a good thing when players fancy themselves GMs  /sarcasm/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Coaches divided, players divided and we have our answer on why the Giants have sucked for so long.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Doc16LT56

Kayvon should stop doing interviews. He's going to hurt himself in the long run by running his mouth.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 25, 2024, 05:26:52 PMKayvon should stop doing interviews. He's going to hurt himself in the long run by running his mouth.

The irony is that he genuinely believes he is doing the exact opposite of that.

Trench

Thibs should focus on getting to the QB with more consistency instead of playing GM. He had a crap season as far as I'm concerned in terms of impacting games and he will be under the microscope next season. This serves nobody well. Complete jerk for spewing this negativity.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on January 25, 2024, 06:18:08 PMThibs should focus on getting to the QB with more consistency instead of playing GM. He had a crap season as far as I'm concerned in terms of impacting games and he will be under the microscope next season. This serves nobody well. Complete jerk for spewing this negativity.

Not a good way to ingratiate yourself with your own front office and owner.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 25, 2024, 06:19:35 PMNot a good way to ingratiate yourself with your own front office and owner.

Not at all. And the guy does a lot of talking for someone who is below expectations

EDjohnst1981

Seems like a clip making a big deal out of nothing. Or maybe he's a hater a "hater" too.

Does anyone have the full interview?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

SUPERSEE

Barkley was risk paying (although worthy and a fan favorite), at that point in time it didn't make good business sense. paying Jones was just a dumbass move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 25, 2024, 04:55:13 PMIt's always a good thing when players fancy themselves GMs  /sarcasm/

He isn't wrong. One of the two played at a pro bowl level and the other is middling. The middling player got a big contract and the pro bowler got the scraps. To make matters worse a rookie street free agent was more effective with the same talent. He's only putting voice to something everyone is thinking about.

NY47GIANTS

Called this.

You cannot pay a guy that DID NOT deserve it.

Clearly, this decision did not sit well with the roster.

Kayvon checking himself and going to the script about how HE believes is diamond pudding proof.

Wasn't there a weird continuity issue where the offensive line looked waaaay better playing with backups instead of the $40m Superstar QB that never does anything wrong and it's EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT???!?

I vaguely remember this and mentioned how that affects grown men playing pro sports.

Every single one of those guys went through hell to get to where they are. Nobody coddled them.

Especially at the pro level. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed. Blows my mind.

(Shoutout to the Baker. Some teams do be forgetting that you need to WIN.

There's only so many medium Pepsi)

On top of that, you have an owner playing favorites with grown men and choosing THE WRONG GUY LOLOLOLOL

Know what that does??

It created a culture that is ME FIRST, team second. 🤡 Extremely difficult to undo. 

Could have been the opposite. They could've shown the entire roster (bum QB included) that they're loyal to their players that EARN IT.

A one eyed mule could've made better roster decisions with that $40m.

Rule of thumb is it takes 10 years to undo this sort of Quarterback mistake.

Doubling down and paying the mistake $40m was a bold decision. Must say.

Totally unacceptable/unbelievable/unabashedly stupid

Long road to keep the streak alive by 2029...

londonblue

Schoen will talk to the agent. The agent will talk to Thibs. Thibs will talk to Schoen. Lessons hopefully learned. We have enough drama around the HC without extending it to GM and ownership by criticising their priorities.

The irony is that for fans and media we now see that Thibs' most vicious sack of the season has been registered out of pads on his own QB. That should give him pause for self-reflection if he has any self-awareness.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

katkavage

It would be nice if athletes kept their opinions on team issues to themselves, but they don't anymore. There are too many positives to air things publicly these days. Sad, but true and Thibs is not alone. Regarding what he said, yes it's true, however the reality is if Giant management stepped out of their bubble they would have realized that 2022 was a mirage and have moved on from both Jones and Barkley last year (ideally the year they took over). But in 2022, Barkley's presence made Jones a competent QB. Not the other way around. The best thing the Giants can do now is draft a QB (they feel is a potential franchise QB). Jones will not be ready to play on opening day despite the hopes of many. And rushing him back will probably just lead to another injury and end his career. The players and coaches and management just now have to live with the mistake they made last summer. They have to do their best to work around that mistake to start getting the franchise back to competency.