News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Any separate threads opened will be deleted. Any threads hijacked to a Daniel Jones discussion, will be deleted or the thread locked.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Sorry folks one of the moderators deleted the last thread by accident so we need to start a new one.  I was able to salvage a few things I had posted.

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1603091066663702531

https://twitter.com/lt4kicks/status/1603065040881745920
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Jones QBR, Yards, TD

Wk1 23.4 188 2
Wk2 38.2 176 1
Wk3 46.9 196
Wk4 88.4 71
Wk5 70.6 217
Wk6 72.0 173 2
Wk7 86.9 202 1
Wk8 24.5 176
Wk10 85.4 197 2
Wk11 38.1 341 1
Wk12 59.4 228 1
WK13 31.5 200 1
Wk14 78.2 169 1

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 14, 2022, 07:15:38 PMJones QBR, Yards, TD

Wk1 23.4 188 2
Wk2 38.2 176 1
Wk3 46.9 196
Wk4 88.4 71
Wk5 70.6 217
Wk6 72.0 173 2
Wk7 86.9 202 1
Wk8 24.5 176
Wk10 85.4 197 2
Wk11 38.1 341 1
Wk12 59.4 228 1
WK13 31.5 200 1
Wk14 78.2 169 1
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PMAny separate threads opened will be deleted. Any threads hijacked to a Daniel Jones discussion, will be deleted or the thread locked.

It's too bad we lost the stuff in this thread but it's really no big deal as I'm sure the thread will be re-populated lickety split.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

I think the QBR  rankings buttress my point that Jones has clawed his way to being a middle rank QB despite being in a lousy situation with very little quality on the offense.

My inference, that some team or teams that have more quality on their offense but no established QB will look at that and think about what he could be in their higher quality offense, may be less certain. But I think one or more teams will be willing to sign him for more than some of the perpetually biased think.  Which will end the pro/con war that some have engaged in, here.

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 14, 2022, 08:00:31 PMI think the QBR  rankings buttress my point that Jones has clawed his way to being a middle rank QB despite being in a lousy situation with very little quality on the offense.

My inference, that some team or teams that have more quality on their offense but no established QB will look at that and think about what he could be in their higher quality offense, may be less certain. But I think one or more teams will be willing to sign him for more than some of the perpetually biased think.  Which will end the pro/con war that some have engaged in, here.

I wouldn't be surprised if some team offered Jones a contract that paid him $25+ million AAV.  I just hope the Giants aren't the ones who do it. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 14, 2022, 05:52:52 PMSorry folks one of the moderators deleted the last thread by accident so we need to start a new one.  I was able to salvage a few things I had posted.

That would be me.  Redfaced
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 14, 2022, 08:05:22 PMI wouldn't be surprised if some team offered Jones a contract that paid him $25+ million AAV.  I just hope the Giants aren't the ones who do it. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if some team does that.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a top 5-10 QB with that team.

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

He's gotta consistently throw it deeper that 7 yards to be a top 5-10 QB, which he seems to have forgotten how to do.

H-Town G-Fan

Daniel Jones is definitely one of the players in the NFL. Of all the NFL players, he is one of them. Some say that Daniel Jones is an NFL player, and I agree with them. And when people say Jones isn't an NFL player? I tell them he is...

... Sorry, I just can't go in circles anymore with identical arguments about Jones, simply featuring this week's stats. I feel like I've read the same thing with different clothes every week since the Giants' winning ways ceased. I know I'm spinning my wheels here (to amuse myself and maybe, hopefully, others), but it's been a relief to not feel obliged to jump in to every Jones thread to get my two cents in.

kingm56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 14, 2022, 08:53:26 PMI also wouldn't be surprised if some team does that.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a top 5-10 QB with that team.

Except that literally never happens after more than 2 full years as a starter.

kingm56

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on December 14, 2022, 10:35:34 PMDaniel Jones is definitely one of the players in the NFL. Of all the NFL players, he is one of them. Some say that Daniel Jones is an NFL player, and I agree with them. And when people say Jones isn't an NFL player? I tell them he is...

... Sorry, I just can't go in circles anymore with identical arguments about Jones, simply featuring this week's stats. I feel like I've read the same thing with different clothes every week since the Giants' winning ways ceased. I know I'm spinning my wheels here (to amuse myself and maybe, hopefully, others), but it's been a relief to not feel obliged to jump in to every Jones thread to get my two cents in.

The MODs have done a great job by starting one DJ thread to rule them all. 

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kingm56 on December 14, 2022, 10:49:17 PMExcept that literally never happens after more than 2 full years as a starter.

That's the great thing.  Nothing either of us says matters.  What happens going forward matters.  I have no interest in changing anyone's mind.

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 14, 2022, 08:53:26 PMI also wouldn't be surprised if some team does that.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a top 5-10 QB with that team.

I would be stunned if he ever became a Top 10 QB over the course of a Full 17 game season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18