News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I am excited to see how our draft saga ends, but

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

There will certainly be plenty of fuel for the glass-half-empty types.  The Giants are likely to pick either one of the two most polarizing QB prospects or neglect the QB issue and draft a WR (albeit a very promising prospect)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 08:46:23 AMThere will certainly be plenty of fuel for the glass-half-empty types.  The Giants are likely to pick either one of the two most polarizing QB prospects or neglect the QB issue and draft a WR (albeit a very promising prospect)

Yes. Those two options likely are going to be front and center. How it unfolds will be the story when the Pats pick. But... :-??

H-Town G-Fan

Nothing can be perfect. I'll be happy (and thus cautiously optimistic) with any of Maye, Nabers, or Odunze. And of course, there is still the entire rest of the draft as well (for naysayers to criticize as well!).

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 08:46:23 AMThere will certainly be plenty of fuel for the glass-half-empty types.  The Giants are likely to pick either one of the two most polarizing QB prospects or neglect the QB issue and draft a WR (albeit a very promising prospect)

I'm just glad we're in position to make that choice. Hate being bad enough to be drafting at no.6, but it beats the hell out of drafting at 17 or 21. The most fun IMHO, is in the top 6 picks this year
:Giants:  :goteam:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 25, 2024, 10:33:06 AMI'm just glad we're in position to make that choice. Hate being bad enough to be drafting at no.6, but it beats the hell out of drafting at 17 or 21. The most fun IMHO, is in the top 6 picks this year
:Giants:  :goteam:

We usually bemoan the Giants being outside the blue-chipper range. Not so this year.

Painter

Moi aussi!

I am 100 percent biased in favor of the Giants having a solid if not outstanding Draft as I'm sure are we all. That said, I do have preference and opinion re their pick at 6 which include: Not using essential future resources to trade up for Maye or McCarthy nor for the latter no matter. 

That leaves me guessing that it will be Nabers or Odunze which either way will not threaten the content of my "glass"

Cheers!

expatriot

After all the chatter and speculation watch them draft Bowers lol

DJN

None of the qb's are worth giving up 2 first round picks and a second round pick...Shoen blew it by overpaying Jones...

They have to hit on the 1st rounder, and I think, or hope anyway, that its one of the WR's...

Give Jones a new OL and an actually threat at WR and then see what he can do !!

RelaxTension

I am done with reading all the make believe mocks and the discussions that they create. Want to have discussions of what really happens!
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Philosophers

Just hope fans are openminded because this year is most scattered as to opinions.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 12:40:48 PMJust hope fans are openminded because this year is most scattered as to opinions.

Joe, I actually think we're in position to satisfy most preferences. I have to get up at 3Am to watch the draft; so, my excitement will be greatly tampered.

The Giants should get a good player!!

EDjohnst1981

I'm excited to see what the actual decision makers do.

The Daniel Jones era is either over or he has run out of excuses as the draft a weapon. (Although, we thought he was out of excuses last season).

Looking forward to seeing the direction they go in.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: expatriot on April 25, 2024, 12:20:53 PMAfter all the chatter and speculation watch them draft Bowers lol

Or Alt.  Which would put my Tv at risk.

The only thing I can say for sure is that after this evening some people will be happy and some will be sad/mad.  But I'm ready, did my ritual re-watching of Draft Day last night.  One of the nice things about being on Pacific time is we have 3 fewer hours to wait.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 25, 2024, 02:20:42 PMI'm excited to see what the actual decision makers do.

The Daniel Jones era is either over or he has run out of excuses as the draft a weapon. (Although, we thought he was out of excuses last season).

Oh, did the OL magically become competent last year?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TONKA56

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 25, 2024, 02:20:42 PMI'm excited to see what the actual decision makers do.

IMO Jones' health concerns have superceded any doubts that may linger about his ceiling of play.