News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants injury gauge

Started by MightyGiants, September 17, 2022, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 07, 2022, 11:49:35 AM
26.4% of the 53 roster is on the injured list!

That doesn't included PUP and IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

For the Ravens VS the Giants the Ravens have the injury gauge as the Giants are badly beaten up at WR and CB (along with other misc injuries)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

The middle and edge of the Ravens D is vulnerable this week. Also we need to see if Peters just took a day this week or if he's full go. With Pierce not playing, Campbell uncertain, Houston out, this Racens front 7 becomes less of a nightmare than it is traditionally. Let's just hope their corners taking the weekend off because the defense has been horrible without Humphreys and peters in the lineup

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 14, 2022, 01:54:17 PMThe middle and edge of the Ravens D is vulnerable this week. Also we need to see if Peters just took a day this week or if he's full go. With Pierce not playing, Campbell uncertain, Houston out, this Racens front 7 becomes less of a nightmare than it is traditionally. Let's just hope their corners taking the weekend off because the defense has been horrible without Humphreys and peters in the lineup
J: This is one aspect of the NFL game where the SCHEDULE plays a large role.

Ravens have a divisional game next week, and just came off playing one.

With most teams there's a tendency to "save" questionable players for divisional games, or at least to be very careful not to overextend them (or have them aggravate their injury) in "tweener" games like this weekend.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

Is the injury gauge looking favorably at the Giants again? But not to worry, as correlation does not imply causation, it's bound to get it right one of these weeks. 

Cheers!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 14, 2022, 01:56:46 PMJ: This is one aspect of the NFL game where the SCHEDULE plays a large role.

Ravens have a divisional game next week, and just came off playing one.

With most teams there's a tendency to "save" questionable players for divisional games, or at least to be very careful not to overextend them (or have them aggravate their injury) in "tweener" games like this weekend.

Bob
Good points, Bob. To add to it, this game is also an interconference game. Other than the loss column, it doesn't hurt the Ravens as these games are lower on the tie-breaker list.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

True Blue

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on October 14, 2022, 02:53:57 PMI will never understand why Toney cannot get on a field ever

I'm waiting for news next week that he tweaked a third hamstring despite only having two legs.

If there is an injury to be had, this guy will figure out a way to have it. And then he'll lash out at the fans on his Twitter about it.

That's more or less what we're dealing with at this point with this guy.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 14, 2022, 03:08:22 PMI'm waiting for news next week that he tweaked a third hamstring despite only having two legs.

If there is an injury to be had, this guy will figure out a way to have it. And then he'll lash out at the fans on his Twitter about it.

That's more or less what we're dealing with at this point with this guy.
Next week both hamstrings are fine but..... he will have tweaked his taint, MRI's inconclusive.  Trainers have no clue never seen a taint injury before. 

When interviewed Toney says i taint go, i tried, i need 3-6 weeks of rehab at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on October 14, 2022, 01:59:34 PMIs the injury gauge looking favorably at the Giants again? But not to worry, as correlation does not imply causation, it's bound to get it right one of these weeks. 

Cheers!

Larry,

I am simply tracking who has the injury advantage week to week.  Teams can overcome injuries, but ideally, teams should experience the injury gauge advantage half the time (more would be better).   Right now, the Giants after 5 games where was one where the injuries were a draw and for the other 4 (now 5) the Giants have had to overcome a disadvantage owing to having more players injured
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

The good news is that Gettleman didn't saddle the Giants with guys Golladay and Toney any sooner than he did. The real challenge now for Schoen/Daboll is not about getting them on the field but about minimizing cost and finding value when they get rid of them.

Cheers!