News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Golladay now trying to get back into the lineup apparently.

Started by AYM, October 27, 2022, 09:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 29, 2022, 10:05:41 AMUnfortunately, there is quite a bit of sample size on both Golladay and Sills now being pretty pedestrian out on the field when given the opportunity. At least the few times Toney was out there he seriously flashed high skill and ability to quickly uncover or do damage in open space.

Stranger things have happened but I would be surprised if either suddenly became great out there.

Golladay yes. But to say Sills has been pedestrian I will push back. For as good a year as Jones is having, he simply hasn't tried throwing him the ball with any consistency whatsoever. I have seen him make key plays in several games this year and his blocking for a WR is above average. As has been stated in another thread it may be due to things we are not privy to in practice. But if that's not the case, just give the man a few more looks in the game to see what he can do. One thing I see with Jones is he is more focused on spreading the ball around instead of feeding the hot hand (Bellinger is a good example of this) as he has rarely dropped a pass and contributed on all his looks) yet he wasn't targeted frequently.

Blue Fire

No issue
Quote from: Trench on October 29, 2022, 10:10:34 AMGolladay yes. But to say Sills has been pedestrian I will push back. For as good a year as Jones is having, he simply hasn't tried throwing him the ball with any consistency whatsoever. I have seen him make key plays in several games this year and his blocking for a WR is above average. As has been stated in another thread it may be due to things we are not privy to in practice. But if that's not the case, just give the man a few more looks in the game to see what he can do. One thing I see with Jones is he is more focused on spreading the ball around instead of feeding the hot hand (Bellinger is a good example of this) as he has rarely dropped a pass and contributed on all his looks) yet he wasn't targeted frequently.

No issue with someone hoping for greater things for a player. He flashes occasionally out there I will give you that. But to me Id be a bit surprised if he ever has a big jump in production either on our team or anywhere else. In other words I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ever became more than a 650-700 yd receiver in a 17 game season.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on October 29, 2022, 10:10:34 AMGolladay yes. But to say Sills has been pedestrian I will push back. For as good a year as Jones is having, he simply hasn't tried throwing him the ball with any consistency whatsoever. I have seen him make key plays in several games this year and his blocking for a WR is above average. As has been stated in another thread it may be due to things we are not privy to in practice. But if that's not the case, just give the man a few more looks in the game to see what he can do. One thing I see with Jones is he is more focused on spreading the ball around instead of feeding the hot hand (Bellinger is a good example of this) as he has rarely dropped a pass and contributed on all his looks) yet he wasn't targeted frequently.
Kafka isn't stupid!  DJ neither - the lack of consistency to Bellinger did have me scratching my head at times  look at how Mahomes goes to his TE repeatedly when he is hot.  I'm thinking it's more play calling and progression then DJ just not wanting to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GBLUE

if a wr is out there blocking, he is at least putting in effort. our offense is slowly opening up, our oline is protecting better, and soon enough the coaching staff will allow jones to stretch the field more. its certainly frustrating when a guy getting paid that much produces as little as he has, but i think he genuinely at least WANTS to be out there. lets see what happens when he gets healthy. maybe we already have the #1 guy we keep looking to trade for.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Jaime on October 27, 2022, 11:40:07 PMGolladay's remarks ring hollow with me. Strikes me as a gutless prima donna WR. Just another of those "Me first" guys that suckered a clown like Getty to sign him. Sure sounds like a guy that is fearful of being traded away from a wining/large market Team, to being buried on a losing Roster.  :boooo:

Heck Jaime,

I expect him cut after the season whenever the cap implications hurt us the least. 

Dead wood.

Albatoss.

I believe Gettleman and his agent negotiated a kick back into Gettlemans secret offshore account for that contract.

As for Golloday, he is done.

No more NFL,

He brings NOTHING to the table except he is big.

In fact he is.....a BIG stiff.

This was a great severance/retirment contract his agent negotiated.  He should be in the agents HOF.

Gettleman.  The gift that keeps on screwing us.  I bet driving home Schoen must roll down the windows and curse his name on a daily basis.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

kartanoman

Quote from: londonblue on October 28, 2022, 06:00:12 AMI think Golladay has been in an extended head funk as he failed to make any early impact and got more injuries. Mental health is fragile for most people even in good circumstances so I am not going to beat him up over this.

LondonBlue - thank you. In one of the Toney threads, I basically made the comment "one head case down, one more to go" which wasn't received well and, after introspection, probably wasn't what I meant. "Extended head funk" was a perfect way to describe what I was thinking and I agree with your statements above.

The next time I'm looking for a creative phrase to characterize a player, I hope you don't mind if I add you to my speed dial!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jclayton92

I'm not going to hate on Golladay, if he can comeback and contribute, let him contribute. I was at training camp and he looked like a functional part of the offense when healthy. So if he can contribute until designate him a post June cut then let him.