News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A return and many thanks....

Started by AP44, October 31, 2022, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP44

Hello everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I have gotten to interact with you guys. The moderation team has found it in their hearts to give me a chance to talk Giants football once again and to all of you guys - thank you for the consideration and changing your stance on me.

As many of you know I have always been a bit of a lightning rod, who is very hard headed and tend not to let subjects or my opinions speak for themselves and for that I have created a lot of troubling threads on this board - so to the members of this board - I do apologize.

The meaning of this posts is to give you a little background of me and why things have to be different this time. I am 41 years old and a father of 3 beautiful girls. In January this year, my life changed drastically. I was diagnosed with liver and bile duct cancer. It was the lowest point of my life. I went to see many doctors and never got the consensus on what was the best way to attack it. One doctor suggest dangerous surgery, another doctor then suggest a transplant - which had many risk of in itself. I went to a 3rd doctor and went with a strange option - treating the cancer as best as possible knowing full well the cancer probably will never go away. This doctor felt maintaining it would give me the best option to live as normal of a life as possible without the risk the other options presented.

This doctor has told me I am still in the very early stages of cancer, and the risk of spreading and growing back are still in my favor but those risks will always remain. So I have been on Chemo ever since and have been through so many low points - its been troubling. However, the strength of my wife and kids as been so special that I am t the point where I dont even think about it anymore. I just have to get to bed a little earlier than usual :)

I have always stayed in contact with Rich about the team ever since my last appearance here and there are times when I just need time to myself and felt a good way to interact with people was talking about the Giants. So I reached out to Rich to see if I could be given another chance and Rich reached out to the moderators and they were gracious enough to agree.

So thank you to everyone and cant wait to engage in some great football talk!

MightyGiants

Dale, it's great to have you back.   I wish you were sharing better news, though.  I am pulling for you.   I know you are a fighter, so if anyone is going to beat this thing, it's you.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Thank you Rich and the moderators! I always enjoyed AP's post.  I hope Doc finds his way home too; a couple of great posters who always had good insight.

Again, thank you for giving people a second chance. Welcome back, Dale.

Slugsy-Narrows

Thoughts and prayers to ya!

Always welcome some good Giants chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Fire

Quote from: AP44 on October 31, 2022, 09:44:08 AMHello everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I have gotten to interact with you guys. The moderation team has found it in their hearts to give me a chance to talk Giants football once again and to all of you guys - thank you for the consideration and changing your stance on me.

As many of you know I have always been a bit of a lightning rod, who is very hard headed and tend not to let subjects or my opinions speak for themselves and for that I have created a lot of troubling threads on this board - so to the members of this board - I do apologize.

The meaning of this posts is to give you a little background of me and why things have to be different this time. I am 41 years old and a father of 3 beautiful girls. In January this year, my life changed drastically. I was diagnosed with liver and bile duct cancer. It was the lowest point of my life. I went to see many doctors and never got the consensus on what was the best way to attack it. One doctor suggest dangerous surgery, another doctor then suggest a transplant - which had many risk of in itself. I went to a 3rd doctor and went with a strange option - treating the cancer as best as possible knowing full well the cancer probably will never go away. This doctor felt maintaining it would give me the best option to live as normal of a life as possible without the risk the other options presented.

This doctor has told me I am still in the very early stages of cancer, and the risk of spreading and growing back are still in my favor but those risks will always remain. So I have been on Chemo ever since and have been through so many low points - its been troubling. However, the strength of my wife and kids as been so special that I am t the point where I dont even think about it anymore. I just have to get to bed a little earlier than usual :)

I have always stayed in contact with Rich about the team ever since my last appearance here and there are times when I just need time to myself and felt a good way to interact with people was talking about the Giants. So I reached out to Rich to see if I could be given another chance and Rich reached out to the moderators and they were gracious enough to agree.

So thank you to everyone and cant wait to engage in some great football talk!

Dale thanks for the transparency of what is going on in your life. You are in my prayers. I pray a mighty healing over your mind,body and soul in Jesus name! God bless and looking forward to hearing from you....

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Glad to have you back my thoughts are with you and your health hoping for the best.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Philosophers

Best of luck.  Focus on your health.  Prayers to you.

jimv

It's good to have you back Dale.  Best of luck to you in your cancer treatment.  I've added you to my daily prayer intentions.

DaveBrown74

Welcome back Dale, and thank you for being so open with this community. First and foremost, I wish you all the best in your healing process and your health moving forward. And secondly, I very much look forward to you rejoining the dialogue here.

weeze

Welcome back!
 Stay strong! I'm in a similiar situation, but with me its Bladder, like it makes a difference right?  If it is one form or another, well you know.
 One foot in front of another my friend, at least thats what I keep telling myself. Good Luck!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

ozzie

Welcome back and best of luck in your fight. Stay positive.
Thoughts and prayers for your recovery.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

AP44

Thank you all. The Giants being relevant and seemingly on the right path has been a good thing as well!