News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

1930s USA - Real Street Scenes of Vintage America - Colorized

Started by brownelvis54, April 10, 2024, 12:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I remember my grandfathers well, one who was born in 1896, the other 1898...so the 30s were right in their wheelhouse

What I remember most: they always visited wearing a dark suit and tie, and they always wore a fedora. And oh yeah, they were always smoking...either cigarettes or cigars. I kept looking for that in the video and didn't see as much of that as I expected

But it was a fun watch
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

kartanoman

These are fantastic films! You can find many others on YouTube which feature the 1920s, 1910s, 19-aughts and even a few 1890s. The latest technology in video enhancement software is miraculously able to clean up imperfections in old film and restore them to look even better than the quality of the original film.

Keep posting these as they're amazing time capsules - especially the ones where an attempt at color was integrated.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)