News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should the Giants target any of these FA WRs?

Started by MightyGiants, February 16, 2024, 09:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Yes. And draft one in round 2 or three. Draft is loaded with receivers. Hiatt and Robinson plus two.

madbadger

Gabe Davis might make sense depending on how much he asks for, but I too am hopeful that we add another receiver with one of our first two picks.

Philosophers

I think with a need for QB and so many other pieces, we are more of rebuilding mode so I prefer to use rookie contracts to improve the team rather than more expensive free agents with the exception being to sign in free agency at least one good starting OL player.  If we go with either DJ or a rookie QB, we have to protect them.  Everywhere else, I say get it in the draft.

Puffy

The only two on that list I'd touch are Higgins (but he is not a 1 and he wants to be paid as such) and Ridley.

Mike Evans is still a player but he's old so he is definition of stopgap (Beckham too). Gabe Davis still hasn't lived up to potential and he has Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs helping him out.  Michael Pittman is a decent to good Number 2 but he disappears too much in Colt offense.  Hollywood Brown is home run guy and good player but he is just a better version of what Giants WR roster is littered with already.  Mooney, Bourne and Samuel are big, fat no's.

Stringer Bell

The only two I'm interested in - Huggins and Pittman - will not be leaving their current teams.

sooners56

No. FA WRs are too expensive.  Get one with pick 6 or one of their 2nd rounders.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Jclayton92

It's best imo to get your cheaper positions in FA were you can get quality without the absurd contracts. Like grabbing 2 guards, a swing tackle, RB, and safety. All 5 positions are relatively cheap and we focus on the premium positions in the draft and be significantly better. I wrote out a detailed perfect offseason for the Giants the other day that I haven't shared yet but it includes grabbing those positions in FA and overhauling the offense in the draft with 2 plug a play defenders also.

Bob In PA

The Giants should NOT target any of the WR's on the list linked in the original post, ESPECIALLY Tee Higgins. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

brownelvis54

Quote from: sooners56 on February 16, 2024, 12:37:36 PMNo. FA WRs are too expensive.  Get one with pick 6 or one of their 2nd rounders.

I was going to say the same thing. Nabers at 6 and get a TE in the 2nd round
The KING is in the building

EliWasrobbed

I don't trust Schoen after the Paris Campbell debacle
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

brownelvis54

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 17, 2024, 07:15:05 PMI don't trust Schoen after the Paris Campbell debacle

Well said and welcome to the board
The KING is in the building

LennG

We need a legit #1, go-to, guy. None of these expensive FAs fit that bill. Pass on all of them and see what happens in the draft.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

It would only be Higgs but I wouldn't do it. Fix the Oline. Spend the money there. Draft a QB. Then look and see how good Slayton, Hyatt and WDR look.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: brownelvis54 on February 17, 2024, 07:16:41 PMWell said and welcome to the board

thank you!! I look forward to rational and hopefully non-biased discussion on the team.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.