News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Name that running back

Started by MightyGiants, February 15, 2024, 09:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

kartanoman

Gordon "Gordie" Bell, Willie Spencer and Larry Watkins, not to mention Doug Kotar and Larry Csonka, making up the Giants' backfield of 1977.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

If we're talking Giants running backs it's Joe Morris and OJ Anderson for me.

If we're talking the great RBs of the league when I first was becoming a serious fan, it's Payton, Dickerson, and Allen.

spiderblue43

Quote from: kartanoman on February 15, 2024, 07:01:28 PMGordon "Gordie" Bell, Willie Spencer and Larry Watkins, not to mention Doug Kotar and Larry Csonka, making up the Giants' backfield of 1977.

No Ernie Wheelwright, Junior Coffey from the 60's? Johnny Roland? Marsh White? Joe Orduna? Billy Taylor? Dan Doornik? Heh.

Gman329

Many of those above but the first RB I really remember is Phil King.

GloryDays

Brandon Jacobs, John Riggins, Sweetness (Walter Payton), Roger Craig

Brooklyn Dave

If you never saw Jim Brown in person like I did , you missed something special.

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

bamagiantfan

Delvin Williams. I was a big 49ers fan when I was very young (and they were not very good). My father took me to a Giants game against the 49ers so I could watch him play and the rest, as they say, is history.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Giant Obsession

The Baby Bulls....Tucker, Koy, Thurlow, Wheelwright, Mercein.

Actually the first I watched was Phil King, but since he basically cost us the '62 Championship I have wiped his memory from my vocabulary.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

beaugestus

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 15, 2024, 09:04:00 AMhttps://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1758129283451801959?s=20

He played with the Chiefs was the power back with them on he was kind of on the short side. He played in the same backfield as Garrett