News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

RB Devin Singletary To Giants

Started by Symphony Steve, March 11, 2024, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

Is Joe Schoen a saboteour sent from Jerry Jones?

How clueless can someone be?

An animal throwing darts at the wall could do a better job than this clown.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EliWasrobbed

going to throw up, Devin Singletary won't do a damn thing for this team. 3 years?!~!??!!?!?

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

andrew_nyGiants

Isn't worth more than league minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Painter

Singleterry is a bargain basement Barkley at best except he's been much more durable. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another back and go committee at RB.

Cheers!

bamagiantfan

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:11:53 PMgoing to throw up, Devin Singletary won't do a damn thing for this team. 3 years?!~!??!!?!?

That is starting RB money similar to James Conner and Aaron Jones. So, that answers the question about Barkley's replacment.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Giant Obsession

Saquon who ???

GREAT signing.

Talent galore, speed, and lots of tread on the tires.

Finally something that tells me the front office can see talent upgrade at half the cost.

Bravo.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: bamagiantfan on March 11, 2024, 04:21:05 PMThat is starting RB money similar to James Conner and Aaron Jones. So, that answers the question about Barkley's replacment.
Devin Singletary is closer to Eric Gray than Aaron Jones.

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Giant Obsession on March 11, 2024, 04:21:47 PMSaquon who ???

GREAT signing.

Talent galore, speed, and lots of tread on the tires.

Finally something that tells me the front office can see talent upgrade at half the cost.

Bravo.
sarcasm?

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Stringer Bell

Can someone tell me how to use the Ignore feature on this site?

andrew_nyGiants

What happened to their interest in Austin Ekeler? I'd much rather have him.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

bamagiantfan

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:22:50 PMDevin Singletary is closer to Eric Gray than Aaron Jones.

Yeh, scratch that. It is closer to Jamal Williams Money. Feels more like a platoon signing than a 3-down back.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

zephirus

It's pretty obvious that the Giants are finally following the modern blue print for building a team by not over-paying for a running back.  The departure of Barkley needed addressing, and the Giants did it with low-cost signing.  At 5m+ a year (and unlikely to see all 3 years), the Giants secured a veteran who can continue to show the youngsters the ropes while not breaking the bank. 

Devin Singletary will not be Saquon Barkley, but most people won't get the intent and will only think Schoen signed a middling running back while puking over the loss of Barkley. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 11, 2024, 04:26:27 PMWhat happened to their interest in Austin Ekeler? I'd much rather have him.

Ekeler is cooked. He fell off a cliff last year. Not the player he once was, but he'll get overpaid due to name recognition. Pass.