News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants sign Oline Jermaine Eluemunor 2 years 14 mil

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 11, 2024, 06:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

I'm happy with this signing. $7mm per for a guy who can play OT at a respectable enough level is a great price. Moreover I like that our new OL coach is the guy who seemed to get the best out of this player.

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

uconnjack8

If we are to believe that today's two OL signings are starters, then 4 i
Of 5 positions seem accounted for.

Hopefully the new additions along with the new coach form some level of competence.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 08:59:29 PMIf we are to believe that today's two OL signings are starters, then 4 i

Hopefully the new additions along with the new coach form some level of competence.
I wonder if they resign Ben Bredeson and Phillips. Somewhere out of those seven there's a starting Lineup and solid backups for each position. As long as they are healthy it should be a significant improvement.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 08:59:29 PMIf we are to believe that today's two OL signings are starters, then 4 i

I think we can safely assume Runyan is definitely a starter. He has to be. He's the best guard we have. That may not be saying much, but it's enough to ensure he's a starter.

Eleumenor I don't know. As of right now it seems like it's at least 50/50 he could be our starting RT. We have to see what happens in the draft and what they plan on doing with Neal, but he definitely has a good shot.

Brooklyn Dave

I am probably still in the minority , but I think we should draft Alt and look for a WR in the second round even though we now only have 1 second round pick.

ozzie

I like that idea Dave. I would still like to have another stud tackle to bookend Thomas and on a rookie contract too!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Stringer Bell

Quote from: ozzie on March 11, 2024, 10:32:04 PMI like that idea Dave. I would still like to have another stud tackle to bookend Thomas and on a rookie contract too!

There's just no way you can draft someone as high as #6 and then change their position. LT and RT are not interchangeable.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 11, 2024, 10:10:35 PMI am probably still in the minority , but I think we should draft Alt and look for a WR in the second round even though we now only have 1 second round pick.

you definitely are. no team has used more 1st and 2nd round picks on Oline in last 8 years than Giants.. where has that gotten us?

Take or trade up for QB and at worst take WR
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 11, 2024, 10:50:03 PMThere's just no way you can draft someone as high as #6 and then change their position. LT and RT are not interchangeable.

i do it all the time in madden no big deal (jokes)
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

spiderblue43

Zero confidence in Neal doing anything but eating and staying clueless. Hello!

:knockONwood:

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 09:07:22 PMI wonder if they resign Ben Bredeson and Phillips. Somewhere out of those seven there's a starting Lineup and solid backups for each position. As long as they are healthy it should be a significant improvement.

Would Gates be less money than Brederson?...he does have C experience

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 11, 2024, 10:50:03 PMThere's just no way you can draft someone as high as #6 and then change their position. LT and RT are not interchangeable.

Remember , Alt came to Notre Dame as a tight end not a tackle. You win games in the trenches especially the OL

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on March 12, 2024, 12:38:07 AMWould Gates be less money than Brederson?...he does have C experience
Gates did poorly at Washington.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin