News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 08:59:50 PMIf you're going to take a quarterback early you risk ruining him if you don't have supporting talent around him. They need to come out of this draft with a quality guard and running back and then go all in on a quarterback next year.

So you're planning on a high draft pick in 2025?

killarich

What of Giants do some funky ish... trade next years first round pick or something to pick in front of Vikings this year and take JJ lol

I know it wont happen ..but we already picked just being silly now

madbadger

Quote from: katkavage on April 25, 2024, 09:01:14 PMThey will be right there drafting high up again next year.

Possibly but at least that quarterback will have what he needs to succeed if they can find a guard and running back in this draft.

madbadger

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: katkavage on April 25, 2024, 09:01:14 PMThey will be right there drafting high up again next year.

Lol no one knows where will pick

the same QB we are blasting right now was the same one who got an extension and led us to a 2nd round playoff birth

We don't know where we will be next season

katkavage

They would struggle next year no matter who they drafted. But 2025 now looks dismal.

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:00:37 PMThis is an excellent point

Peoples thoughts on a QB can change in as quickly as one single month

If one of these top QBs of this WEAK QB class has a great season it all of a sudden does not look so weak anymore
Yeah but most of those guys that flash one season are busts. At least you could see Daniels development in the half decade he was in college. The only flash that hit in recent memory was Burrow. Besides him you have a bunch of Zack Wilson's, and Trey Lances.

katkavage

killarich

Lol.. wow how are people getting these picks in so quickly .. no way I was this delayed

katkavage

Penix won't play for two years. I don't get the pick. Not good for Penix.

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 09:00:59 PMWe don't know anything until we see if the OL improves or Lucy pulls the ball away yet again.

To be clear - if our Oline is average will we will still hear "Jones doesn't have enough weapons" is my question?

H-Town G-Fan

Everyone talking up JJ for months... And Penix goes before him. Maybe a college program that refuses to put the game on your back knows something?