News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Could QB Penix be the last minute dark horse?

Started by MightyGiants, April 24, 2024, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 24, 2024, 10:31:17 AMI have my doubts as to whether it is Barnes who is personally evaluating the shoulder/knee films of Penix.  I would suspect and hope that the orthopedics on staff are the people opining on his injuries

Barnes is the senior vice president of the medical depart.  As such, he is accountable (at least in my mind) of all things medical.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 10:36:12 AMBarnes is the senior vice president of the medical depart.  As such, he is accountable (at least in my mind) of all things medical.
Of course he is
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

spiderblue43

Absolutely pass.  :boooo: Taking him at 6?  No. But I subscribe that he will be a starter somewhere and do well. But.. not as a Giant.

katkavage

I think he will be a good player in the NFL. He throws a beautiful ball, the best of the bunch. But I don't think he is a fit for the Giants. He needs to come to a team that has the parts ready, offensive line, receivers, etc. He would be perfect in Minnesota with Jefferson. And they would be silly to trade up and give up draft picks for one of the other QBs who need time to adjust to the NFL. He has played two years injury free so I don't think that is as big an issue as it's made out to be. And he actually can run; he's fast, but I think because of the injuries he was hesitant to run the past two years.

kartanoman

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 24, 2024, 12:04:31 PMAbsolutely pass.  :boooo: Taking him at 6?  No. But I subscribe that he will be a starter somewhere and do well. But.. not as a Giant.

My fear is the turf-monster would be waiting to gobble him up. Last year's aggregate injury count for all teams playing on the new surface appear to indicate it is worse than the previous turf; however, more data points will be collected this season to confirm what is already known.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Puffy on April 24, 2024, 10:34:08 AMI'd be fine with Penix IF the Giants trade down or trade back up into the first round after taking a receiver at #6.

That's about where I am, however I opine on this from a place of ignorance.  I don't follow college ball nor am I a drafting, so just about everything I 'know' is from the chatter.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll