News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - NY Knicks - 2023-2024

Started by Philosophers, July 01, 2023, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Choke job by the coach..who could have called time out..Mitch Robinson for defending a 3..and foul shooting. They Appled up. :boooo:

DaveBrown74

That was disastrous last night. One gaffe after another. The worst for me was not fouling the Sixers when we were up by three with about 10 seconds left. Foul Maxey, put him on the line, and then get fouled yourself on the inbound and take two shots with a chance to be up by a minimum of four points with just a few seconds left on the clock. I can't fathom how you can allow a three point attempt in that situation.

Section 101 Steve

And to add insult to injury the nba just announced with their 2 minute report that maxey's 4 point play should not have counted as he walked before the foul and shot. What a collossal screw up by the refs!!  :boooo:  :boooo: Where do the Knicks go to get their win they got robbed out of back?
sm

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm not sure my heart can take anymore of these games...afraid I'll stroke out or my heart gives out. Regardless, they won again in the last few seconds of chaos and craziness  <:-P  =D>
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Sick game. I need a cardiologist appointment after that one. Every game is like this.

Philosophers

It is so good to see MSG electric and loud again.  Brunson scored but all contributed a lot.  O with his two steals toward the end.  Di with his last three.

Stringer Bell

That offensive foul call at the end was pretty terrible. You have aggressive playoff basketball being played for 47 minutes+, all for the refs to decide the game at the end.

It was such a great back and forth battle and great game. Just wish the players could have determined the outcome.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on May 07, 2024, 11:41:33 AMThat offensive foul call at the end was pretty terrible. You have aggressive playoff basketball being played for 47 minutes+, all for the refs to decide the game at the end.

It was such a great back and forth battle and great game. Just wish the players could have determined the outcome.

The call stood up to the challenge. Refs make mistakes all the time in real time, but it's hard to believe an NBA playoff ref didn't understand the NBA rule book when he was watching the play frame-by-frame on a close up replay. If an infraction was not committed there, it seems extremely likely the ref would have seen that in the replay and overturned it.

As for willfully allowing a clear infraction just because it's the final minute or two of a close game, that's a matter of fan opinion and a controversial subject. I understand the spirit of that argument, but it's a slippery slope if you just start allowing anything to happen just because it's late. Which rules should get enforced and which shouldn't?

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 07, 2024, 07:37:11 PMThe call stood up to the challenge. Refs make mistakes all the time in real time, but it's hard to believe an NBA playoff ref didn't understand the NBA rule book when he was watching the play frame-by-frame on a close up replay. If an infraction was not committed there, it seems extremely likely the ref would have seen that in the replay and overturned it.

As for willfully allowing a clear infraction just because it's the final minute or two of a close game, that's a matter of fan opinion and a controversial subject. I understand the spirit of that argument, but it's a slippery slope if you just start allowing anything to happen just because it's late. Which rules should get enforced and which shouldn't?

None of that makes it a good call in the final seconds of a playoff basketball game that had been officiated pretty loosely up until that point - as playoffs games should be.

Who knows if the Pacers would have made a shot or won the game had that call not been made. But that's the point. We'll never know, because the refs took that away from the teams and the fans.
It was a ticky tack call, and those types of calls shouldn't be how playoff games end. Let the players decide it.

DaveBrown74

Tough loss last night, but I thought it was a great effort. A lot of people out there thought the Knicks would get blown out last night, possibly resting players and saving themselves for game four.

Instead, they were not only in the game late, but they were leading fairly late in the game, and they managed this without OG plus all their other injuries. Basically, the Nova three led the team again, and it feels like as long as these three games are playing you always have a shot.

To be fair, I am worried about OG, because I think they may still need him to win this series, and if they were to advance, they will certainly need him to have any sort of shot of even being competitive against the Celtics (assuming the Celtics advance). I worry about OG because hamstrings are usually not a "day to day" thing, as the Knicks are publicly characterizing this injury. They tend to take a while to heal, so I worry he could be done. I hope that's not the case.

All in all though, a good effort last night despite the final result. This team has a ton of heart and grit. Hopefully they can get it done tomorrow.