News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Deonte banks

Started by afan56, August 11, 2023, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afan56

I have been away from the board so I'm wondering how Deonte Banks is doing, thanks!

DaveBrown74

Short answer (to the best of my knowledge) is he struggled a bit in the first several sessions of camp, showing typical rookie growing pains, but his most recent practice on Wednesday against the Lions went very well.

Beyond that, I'll defer to my fellow forum members who have more detail than I, including firsthand detail from those who actually attended camp practices.

Rosehill Jimmy

There's a 2 page thread on Banks
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He looked raw the first week of practice and got progressively better in time.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 13, 2023, 07:21:02 AMHe looked raw the first week of practice and got progressively better in time.

Considering my realistic hope for him was that he'd get better over the course of the entire season (after a typical bumpy rookie start), for him to be showing discernible improvement between the start of camp and the first preseason game is very encouraging.

Tack on the surprisingly quality play of Tre Hawkins, plus what looked like a pretty good game out of Flott, and I'm feeling materially better about the CB position ex-Jackson than I did a month ago.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RelaxTension

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 13, 2023, 07:12:39 AMhttps://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1690470760949669888?
After watching his plays it looks like there were a couple of drops especially the long one down the right side for a TD.

Still not worried about him and expect him to develop into a solid player at worst for this team..
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

@RelaxTension

If you watch the one replay angle, that "drop" was helped by Banks.   Banks pulled the veteran move of grabbing the receiver's arms rather than just tackling him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RelaxTension

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 13, 2023, 08:09:10 AM@RelaxTension

If you watch the one replay angle, that "drop" was helped by Banks.   Banks pulled the veteran move of grabbing the receiver's arms rather than just tackling him.
That's great to hear. I'm guilty of not streaming TV until September so my only view is the one presented in this thread and what I read on BBV who thought it was a catchable ball on the endzone throw..
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

sxdxca38

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 13, 2023, 07:12:39 AMhttps://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1690470760949669888?

Mighty,

These stats are excellent, and so was the video you posted.

However more than a few of our posters and members may have missed it because it's been buried in this thread.

I was thinking maybe you should start a new thread and post these two stats and videos so everyone can see his progress?

Because you can really see his speed and coverage abilities, and I think more than a few Giants fans would love to see this.

But I'll leave that decision in your hands.

Jclayton92

Really eager to see Banks and Hawkins facing DJ Chark, J Mingo, and Terrance Marshall this coming week than Jameson Williams who seems to be a complete bust so far.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 13, 2023, 10:18:13 AMReally eager to see Banks and Hawkins facing DJ Chark, J Mingo, and Terrance Marshall this coming week than Jameson Williams who seems to be a complete bust so far.

All the Lions players gush about how unstoppable Jameson Williams is yet now with the suspension due to gambling he will play what maybe 15 games out of 34 over two seasons?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on August 13, 2023, 10:25:03 AMAll the Lions players gush about how unstoppable Jameson Williams is yet now with the suspension due to gambling he will play what maybe 15 games out of 34 over two seasons?

True, but he is pretty much gravy this year for them. That offense was high-octane last year without him, and with St. Brown a year older and the addition of Jamhyr Gibbs, they figure to be only better, even prior to Williams' return.

Tack on some nice additions on D, and they figure to be a top three team in the NFC pretty easily.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on August 13, 2023, 10:25:03 AMAll the Lions players gush about how unstoppable Jameson Williams is yet now with the suspension due to gambling he will play what maybe 15 games out of 34 over two seasons?
Every article I read is how he hasn't added value. Only 6 catches in 6 games last year, plus the suspension this year, and yeah just seems like the Lions got the worst of the 1st rd wrs