News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I am very concerned with this comment by Daniel Jones

Started by MightyGiants, October 11, 2023, 08:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 11, 2023, 01:17:14 PMI would agree if the chance of injury is no greater than a healthy QB.  If it's greater than that, due to his neck injury, I wouldn't let Jones play, no matter how much he wanted to.   Like a boxer who doesn't know when to concede, sometimes you have to protect the athlete from themselves and throw in the towel.

Completely agree that if the doctors are iffy and it's just Jones that is pushing for it you sit him. I would need both the doctors and Jones himself to give me the all-clear. Risking aggravating a neck injury is different from risking aggravating an ankle, clearly.

Fast Eddie Felson

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 11, 2023, 01:09:11 PMBased on DJ's comments, this is likely a situation where he can play but until he is fully healthy there will be a risk of aggravating the injury if he gets hit a certain way.  If that is the situation, do you play him?

No, and no. We are talking about the neck here.

Is Mayfield playing? Then "no" !

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 11, 2023, 01:13:42 PMAgain if I were the HC, I would lean heavily on the team doctors and other medical professionals who have examined/tested him. In no way would I be supportive of endangering him (beyond the normal, accepted risks of the sport for any player), no matter the stakes. But if the docs gave me the all clear and Jones himself told me he was fully comfortable playing and wanted to, I would play him, yes.

Definitely play him if he's cleared by the doctors.  I doubt the doctor's will clear him if there were any dangers beyond the normal risk.

The Giants season isn't over yet though it's trending in the wrong direction and you want to play everyone who is cleared to go and try to win the game rather than punt it.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18