News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants likely draft slot

Started by MightyGiants, January 06, 2024, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

so if I understand this metric, W or L today has a negligible effect either way.  so let's win!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

uconnjack8

Quote from: President Rick on January 07, 2024, 12:30:46 PMso if I understand this metric, W or L today has a negligible effect either way.  so let's win!

No, I think the percents are based off of how likely a Giants win is and how likely teams within 1 win of them do today.  They cannot get 2nd, 3rd or 4th with a win.

jgrangers2

Quote from: President Rick on January 07, 2024, 12:30:46 PMso if I understand this metric, W or L today has a negligible effect either way.  so let's win!

A win eliminates any opportunity to move higher than 5 and likely drops them

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Just_jimmy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 04:42:04 PMhttps://twitter.com/Doug_Analytics/status/1744101150591197227
We're picking 6.  Only we could mess up getting a future qb so badly.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

coggs

Quote from: Just_jimmy on January 07, 2024, 05:58:24 PMWe're picking 6.  Only we could mess up getting a future qb so badly.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

if they want the QB bad enough, they can move up.  Have two 2nd's, next year's first. 

Doc16LT56

DaveBrown74

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 06:01:56 PMif they want the QB bad enough, they can move up.  Have two 2nd's, next year's first. 

The Skins and Pats are basically 100% locks to take QBs. That's two of the big three gone. If the Bears decide to keep Fields, we'd be needing to move up to first, which would cost a lot more than the above. And that's if the Bears make that decision, which is very far from a given.

We may not be able to make it happen even if we want to.

Doc16LT56

Dave, exactly. They'll have to pay through the nose.

katkavage

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 07, 2024, 06:07:00 PMDave, exactly. They'll have to pay through the nose.
The problem is the best QB on the Giants now is a free agent. He will not be re-signed. They are desperate for a QB.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 06:04:23 PMThe Skins and Pats are basically 100% locks to take QBs. That's two of the big three gone. If the Bears decide to keep Fields, we'd be needing to move up to first, which would cost a lot more than the above. And that's if the Bears make that decision, which is very far from a given.

We may not be able to make it happen even if we want to.
Chargers are not looking to take a QB.  Titans will be 7th. They don't have their 3rd or an extra pick in 1st or 2nd to move up.

Philosophers

If the Giants stay at 6th and decide not to take a QB, the world is wide open for them as they'd likely have their pick of some really outstanding non-QB players.

Trench

Quote from: Philosophers on January 07, 2024, 06:53:44 PMIf the Giants stay at 6th and decide not to take a QB, the world is wide open for them as they'd likely have their pick of some really outstanding non-QB players.

In that case they will go with Jones and a capable backup and hope for the best - and prepare to sign a free agent the following year