News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants likely draft slot

Started by MightyGiants, January 06, 2024, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Man if we don't draft a Qb at the very least we need to bring in a legit guy to compete because Jones nor Devito is the answer.

Also we need a guy at WR but Wandale and Hyatt should easily be our future #2 and #3. Wandale just makes plays when we have someone that can actually throw it.

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 07, 2024, 08:15:46 PMMan if we don't draft a Qb at the very least we need to bring in a legit guy to compete because Jones nor Devito is the answer.

Also we need a guy at WR but Wandale and Hyatt should easily be our future #2 and #3. Wandale just makes plays when we have someone that can actually throw it.

WanDale proved to anyone who said we don't have good receivers that in actuality we do.

spiderblue43

I'm wary of trading up to #1 slot Long way to go before that 6th pick is called as well. I'd love to see them add picks as a possible option. More quality picks .the better.

Jclayton92

QB
Alpha Wr
2 Olinemen

2nd Edge
RB 1
2nd Corner
DE

Those are the 6 primary needs we have from what I can tell. There's no reason we can't get most of them this offseason.

madbadger

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 06:01:56 PMif they want the QB bad enough, they can move up.  Have two 2nd's, next year's first. 

Or the evaluations come back that the team ahead of us value Penix Jr and Nix more than Daniels. If not we take a receiver and go for whichever qb drops in the 2nd.

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on January 07, 2024, 08:43:38 PMOr the evaluations come back that the team ahead of us value Penix Jr and Nix more than Daniels. If not we take a receiver and go for whichever qb drops in the 2nd.

Someone is bound to move up or down.  I could definitely see the evaluation process cause 1 of the presumed top 3 to drop.   

katkavage

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 07, 2024, 08:52:44 PMSomeone is bound to move up or down.  I could definitely see the evaluation process cause 1 of the presumed top 3 to drop.   
Absolutely true. But most say Williams is a lock at one

coggs

If New England moves to 1 to leapfrog the Commaders, it doesn't really matter.  Real issue is if Tennessee or Atlanta try to move up ahead of the Giants.

katkavage

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 08:59:06 PMIf New England moves to 1 to leapfrog the Commaders, it doesn't really matter.  Real issue is if Tennessee or Atlanta try to move up ahead of the Giants.
Tennessee won't. Giants can't let Atlanta do it. Not if they are trying to take who the Giants want.

spiderblue43

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 09:02:04 PMTennessee won't. Giants can't let Atlanta do it. Not if they are trying to take who the Giants want.

Agree. Titans just drafted Levins. Atlanta might be the team to get desperate..they are in the qb market.

files58

Montana in the third, Brady in the sixth, Purdy Mr. Irrelevant. It's sometimes not what the "can't miss" prospect has done, but what Daboll etal thinks a prospect who has shown talent can become in his system. I don't want to give up draft capital, there are too many holes. We need some luck.

killarich

Damn I want one of the top 2-3 QBs

But I certainly don't want to have to trade next years 1st round pick and others to move up either

Just_jimmy

Quote from: coggs on January 07, 2024, 06:01:56 PMif they want the QB bad enough, they can move up.  Have two 2nd's, next year's first.
Depending on who has the pick and what they wish to do.

Two 2nd and a 1st won't be enough that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Doc16LT56

Quote from: files58 on January 08, 2024, 12:03:31 AMMontana in the third, Brady in the sixth, Purdy Mr. Irrelevant. It's sometimes not what the "can't miss" prospect has done, but what Daboll etal thinks a prospect who has shown talent can become in his system. I don't want to give up draft capital, there are too many holes. We need some luck.
Daboll apparently thought Daniel Jones was that guy.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 07, 2024, 08:40:20 PMQB
Alpha Wr
2 Olinemen

2nd Edge
RB 1
2nd Corner
DE

Those are the 6 primary needs we have from what I can tell. There's no reason we can't get most of them this offseason.
[/quo
Quote from: madbadger on January 07, 2024, 08:43:38 PMOr the evaluations come back that the team ahead of us value Penix Jr and Nix more than Daniels. If not we take a receiver and go for whichever qb drops in the 2nd.

What about Cam Ward from Washington State, JJ McCarthy , The QB from Tulanre ?