News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT-JJ McCarthy declares

Started by spiderblue43, January 14, 2024, 03:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 14, 2024, 08:38:13 PMAs stated before I prefer Penix Jr

More NFL ready and deadly accurate quick release

McCarthy would be Daniel Jones 2.0

With all due respect Jones is Dave Brown 2.0, which would make McCarthy Dave Brown 3.0 :)
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Just_jimmy

Punt Daboll, bring in JH and let him decide if the kid is his QB.

Let's roll the dice.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

madbadger

Quote from: Just_jimmy on January 15, 2024, 05:21:02 PMPunt Daboll, bring in JH and let him decide if the kid is his QB.

Let's roll the dice.

At some point we actually have to give a coach a chance. Firing dudes every two years is a ticket to nowhere. So far Daboll has one season where the team failed to live up to expectations and one where they exceeded them. It's far too early to consider moving on.

Jclayton92

Penix Jr is a nightmare to scout.

Yes he has a rocket arm with absurd velocity but..

He doesn't create well at all, is not that great in the short game, doesn't use his lower body when throwing, mechanics are still a mess despite playing for forever, tight hips, can force unnecessary throws a lot and that's just scratching the surface  not including his age and injury history.

Just_jimmy

Quote from: madbadger on January 15, 2024, 05:31:33 PMAt some point we actually have to give a coach a chance. Firing dudes every two years is a ticket to nowhere. So far Daboll has one season where the team failed to live up to expectations and one where they exceeded them. It's far too early to consider moving on.
I was pro daboll until the melt down. The latest stuff about how he talks to people isn't a good look at all.  JH is a hard ass but he's a proven winner.

We have the chance at a top coach who could handle NY. We should at least be sounding him out.  Even better if he thinks JJ can be his QB for the future.  Hang our hat.

Or let's stand pat and see. We probably will. We're going no where with Daboll and no QB though.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on January 15, 2024, 05:31:33 PMAt some point we actually have to give a coach a chance. Firing dudes every two years is a ticket to nowhere. So far Daboll has one season where the team failed to live up to expectations and one where they exceeded them. It's far too early to consider moving on.

Fully agreed. To fire a guy who was coach of the year as a rookie head coach because the team won 6 games instead of 8 or 9 in year two (very few had them as more than a 9 win team outside of blue goggled Giants fans) is knee-jerk to say the least. I appreciate the recent press reads poorly, and I don't like the sound of it either, but even if it's 100% true I would not fire him. He didn't lose the locker room (Giants played great in week 18), so his leadership couldn't have been that bad.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

I doubt anyone will have "negative" discussions with him. He will have to impress mightily to make it into the top ten or top 15.