News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

xxxx Tiki! He's a piece of xxxx for how he disrespected Tom and Eli for ratings. FAKE FAKE FAKE

https://twitter.com/saquon/status/1767312447935816034
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Trench

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:00:37 PM"show some class" after the Giants didn't give him a fair deal AND instead gave it to the worst starting QB in the NFL?

You should show some class to Saquon.

I've showed him plenty over the years. He went for the almighty $ and I disagree with that.

DaveBrown74

I have no problem with professional athletes wanting to get paid as much as they can. Especially running backs, who have an incredibly short shelf life.

What if I told you that at 31 or 32 years old you would be too old to do whatever job you did or have been doing for your whole career? That at about age 32 you'd be cast out of your industry. Then, what would you say to me if I said I disagreed in principle with your trying to make whatever you could while still doing it at age 27, and that I expected you to work for a company that would pay you much less than another company, just because I happened to be a fan of the lesser paying company?

I can't imagine my comments going over very well in that scenario!

kartanoman

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 11, 2024, 04:06:57 PMIt stings, but it's the right move for the New York Giants. We have other priorities right now.

Now.... What am I gonna do with my Barkley jersey?

Rip the BARKLEY nameplate off it and replace it with CARPENTER (as in Rob).

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

killarich

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 06:33:30 PMxxxx Tiki! He's a piece of xxxx for how he disrespected Tom and Eli for ratings. FAKE FAKE FAKE

https://twitter.com/saquon/status/1767312447935816034

ever since the deal was made official he's been acting like an Eagle.....

Seeing home next to their coach will make me sick man

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 06:52:32 PMever since the deal was made official he's been acting like an Eagle.....

gee i wonder why

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

I don't understand getting worked up over an aging, oftinjured, underperforming RB that went to your rival.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sxdxca38

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 05:02:43 PMWe would have made the playoffs had we signed literally any AVERAGE qb last year.

The Giants had the 25th ranked defense last year, giving up 23.9 ppg. The issues were far more than just the QB position, and having just an average does not guarantee the playoffs. 

Blue Since ‘62

You just know he'll have a great nest season.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: sxdxca38 on March 11, 2024, 07:54:20 PMThe Giants had the 25th ranked defense last year, giving up 23.9 ppg. The issues were far more than just the QB position, and having just an average does not guarantee the playoffs. 

and why do you think they had such a bad defense? Because the OFFENSE was never on the field.

The issue is 100% the QB when he is clogging up one quarter of your salary and doing absolutely nothing to help others on the field.

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Just_jimmy

Final salute to the worst pick in the gentleman era.

We wasted a 2nd overall on a running back...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

uconnjack8

Yup Barkley, the best offensive player on the team for the last half decade was the biggest mistake.   

It wasn't taking Daniel Jones over Josh Allen (DE and others) or not drafting Micah Parson or even taking Kadarius Toney over Christian Darrisaw....DeAndre Baker was a much better pick too..it was Barkley that was the worst.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Just_jimmy

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 09:25:16 PMYup Barkley, the best offensive player on the team for the last half decade was the biggest mistake.   

It wasn't taking Daniel Jones over Josh Allen (DE and others) or not drafting Micah Parson or even taking Kadarius Toney over Christian Darrisaw....DeAndre Baker was a much better pick too..it was Barkley that was the worst.
For value per position in the draft against the needs we had at the time, it absolutely was.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk