News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Has Schoen finally learned an important lesson?

Started by MightyGiants, March 12, 2024, 03:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

One trait common in all of the players acquired in the busy day one of free agency was-  DURABILITY

Seems like he finally learned to stay away from injury-prone players

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1767632607544573954?s=20

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1767633614605336936?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Giant Obsession

The lessons he has learned he has learned slowly.

Talent evaluation has not been something this organization, including the coach staff, can put on their resume.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 12, 2024, 03:35:55 PMOne trait common in all of the players acquired in the busy day one of free agency was-  DURABILITY

Seems like he finally learned to stay away from injury-prone players

I think that the budget was bare enough that he was forced to sign guys whose market value was degraded by their injury history and rely on hope that they could stay healthy.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

EliWasrobbed

I've seen Joe talk. He's a master at spin and deflecting blame. If he cared about durability we would have never signed Jones not to mention giving him that awful injury clause that makes it impossible to play him without confidence in his game long term.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Just_jimmy

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 12, 2024, 08:33:46 PMI've seen Joe talk. He's a master at spin and deflecting blame. If he cared about durability we would have never signed Jones not to mention giving him that awful injury clause that makes it impossible to play him without confidence in his game long term.
You're on almost every thread in the last couple of days posting the same thing.

Wait and see how the draft plays out then the season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Just_jimmy on March 13, 2024, 03:31:00 AMYou're on almost every thread in the last couple of days posting the same thing.

Wait and see how the draft plays out then the season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

oh no, we'll have a crystal clear idea of Schoen after the draft.

I personally think he will rightly make smart decision and trade up to 3 for Drake Maye. In that case he gains a lot of favor and approval with me as the Burns trade did.

He dug his own grave but he may be able to get his way out of it too focusing short term.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

londonblue

FYI, every thread with the same repetitive stuff is against this Forum's guidelines...
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

JT39

Quote from: londonblue on March 13, 2024, 06:19:31 AMFYI, every thread with the same repetitive stuff is against this Forum's guidelines...

Gonna be a long year here...