News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Happy St.Patty's day

Started by Alamo, March 17, 2024, 12:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamo

Since I was born and raised on Mott St,NYC where St.Patricks Basilaca Church is located,and the school is accross the street..It is alot smaller then St.Patricks church uptown..If like myself,you like the Godfather movies,the part inside the church,where Michael is becoming Godfather to his sisters son,is the St.Patty's church on Mott St,where I used to sing in the choir when I was a young boy..Going on 82 in May,but I still remember alot of what used to happen back then..By the way Robert DeNero was a young guy in this neighborhood also..Have a beer with me today guys !!

Ed Vette

My Grandmother grew up on Mott St back in the early 1900's. It's now a parking Garage as I recall. My second cousin was married at the Cathedral about ten years ago on a hot summer day. No AC, lol.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Alamo

Hi Ed,since your grandmother grew up in the lower east side,we are almost related..hahaha!! Happy St. Paddys day..