News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Are the Giants the most 'who the hell knows?' team in this draft?

Started by MightyGiants, April 18, 2024, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

That is what comes from our roster having more holes than a lace curtain.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

EDjohnst1981

Still can't see anything other than WR or QB, personally.

ozzie

I personally love the "unknown" that is the Giants draft plans at this point in time.
Whether it's because they have too many holes to fill or anything else, we've finally gotten rid of multiple regimes telegraphing their intentions to everyone, just to be outmaneuvered on draft day.
I believe we finally have a competent front office.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

Patriots just announced they were open for buisness at pick 3. If that is true then one of the top 4 likely falls in our lap.

LennG

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 18, 2024, 02:00:58 PMPatriots just announced they were open for buisness at pick 3. If that is true then one of the top 4 likely falls in our lap.

I'm not doubting you but the way I see it, the Pats need a QB in the worst way.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

Quote from: LennG on April 18, 2024, 02:17:17 PMI'm not doubting you but the way I see it, the Pats need a QB in the worst way.
Their GM Wolfe said they were wide open either yesterday or today. Their issue is having zero talent anywhere really. So they need even more than the Giants need.

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 18, 2024, 02:19:13 PMTheir GM Wolfe said they were wide open either yesterday or today. Their issue is having zero talent anywhere really. So they need even more than the Giants need.
The Pats will be in a Bryce Young situation if they take a QB. Whoever he is, he will get battered. They have nothing.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 18, 2024, 02:00:58 PMPatriots just announced they were open for buisness at pick 3. If that is true then one of the top 4 likely falls in our lap.

Assuming the team moving up to 3 takes a QB, that means they'll be one left and 2 selections before us. In such a scenario I think it's more likely someone tries to grab QB 4 at the two slots before us. But who knows...all will be revealed in a week
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

AZGiantFan

How so?  That Pats are widely expected to pick a QB.  If they trade down, their trade partner will be widely expected to pick a QB.  How does that change the likelihood that one of the top 4 falls in our lap?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: katkavage on April 18, 2024, 02:31:39 PMThe Pats will be in a Bryce Young situation if they take a QB. Whoever he is, he will get battered. They have nothing.

Kind of like the Giants.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

katkavage

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 18, 2024, 04:24:48 PMKind of like the Giants.
The QB won't start for the Giants in 2024, so no, nothing like the mess Young was put in.

katkavage

Quote from: katkavage on April 18, 2024, 04:43:41 PMThe QB won't start for the Giants in 2024, so no, nothing like the mess Young was put in.
And 2024 will be rough whether the draft a QB or not. I'm looking at 2025

Ed Vette

The intangible here is the line of building a team and at the same time rejuvenating a disappointed and disgusted fan base. The easiest way to do the later is to draft a new Franchise QB if the right one is within reach. If you can't do that, or it puts the team in a hole for an extended period of time, then high profile talent at key positions will keep the fans in their seats. This is a business with a short window for the decision makers.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 19, 2024, 07:26:44 AMThe intangible here is the line of building a team and at the same time rejuvenating a disappointed and disgusted fan base. The easiest way to do the later is to draft a new Franchise QB if the right one is within reach. If you can't do that, or it puts the team in a hole for an extended period of time, then high profile talent at key positions will keep the fans in their seats. This is a business with a short window for the decision makers.
Yes I agree with this to an extent. The window is short. But if the high profile talent is wasted and the results are still sub par, the fans in the seats will get very antsy. That is why this year's draft is probably the most compelling for the Giants than any in memory. Though I think what they have to do is clear cut, it really isn't. There are so many factors to consider. But again, as I said above, I am not thinking 2024, but beyond that. I don't think anyone can realistically think the Giants can suddenly be a power next season.