News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will the Chargers really draft an offensive lineman?

Started by MightyGiants, April 14, 2024, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Harbaugh believes best way to help Herbert is with a strong running game to create a balanced offense.  They need a tackle.  I believe with 100% conviction they take an OT unless they dont think Alt or Fashu can be converted to be RT since they already have Slater at LT.

Rosehill Jimmy

Maybe I'm mistaken but didn't Slater play a lot of RT while at Northwestern?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 14, 2024, 11:47:30 PMMaybe I'm mistaken but didn't Slater play a lot of RT while at Northwestern?

The may not want to switch his side, just as the Giants didn't want to switch AT's side.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

londonblue

If they want a RT it makes a lot of sense for them trade with Minny (if AZ stay put and take Harrison) to get the two firsts. Use one on Latham and the other BPA, which might be a WR. There are also plenty of good WR day two who would start day one for them but would be more rotational pieces for teams with better rooms.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Barring a trade, I think the one argument (and I am not sure how valid it would be) is that if the Chargers draft a WR in round one, that would be two years in a row, as they just drafted Quentin Johnston in round one (21st overall) last year.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I would never profess to know anything for certain about the future actions of others, especially people I have never met, but I will be surprised if the Chargers take an offensive lineman over a wide receiver in this draft. I don't think they would have gotten rid of both Keenan Allen AND Mike Williams (their two biggest name receivers) if they weren't planning on drafting one with that pick.

If they trade materially down it could be a different story, but as long as they're picking 5th, my guess would be they take a receiver. Do I think I know that for certain or am I saying there is no chance they might draft an offensive tackle? Of course not.

katkavage

No way the Chargers pass on either Nabers or Harrison.

Gmo11

They are going to take a WR or they are going to trade the pick.  I can't fathom a scenario where one of those two things doesn't happen.  If QB4 is still there I could even see the Giants making a call about a trade in an attempt to prevent a team like the Vikings from swooping in ahead of them. In fact, they probably should do that if they really like whoever QB4 ends up being.