News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

58 Championship Game

Started by Alamo, April 16, 2024, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamo

My dad & uncle Tommy & myself were sitting in the bleachers,to the right side of the left upright.Ameche scores the Winning TD,and game over..What are the chances that there is a photo that also gets the fans in the picture of the winning play? What are the chances that there is film of the last play?
Thanks to anyone who might have a clue!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Good luck, Alamo. Let us know if you find it and can see yourself.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Alamo

Thanks guys..Will give it a try..

President Rick

I was a little kid.  Watched on tv with my Dad.  I cried.  All the other kids in the neighborhood wanted to be Johnny Unitas.  I still wanted to be Frank Gifford.  GO GIANTS.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

LennG

I know it is a hundred years later but we were jobbed in that game. Gifford swore, till his dying day, that they gave the Colts a 1st down when they never should have and it kept the drive alive.
\
Just another, woulda, shoulda, couldda.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rosehill Jimmy

Actually I think Gifford complaint was refs denied him a first down with a bad spot.  It was a third down run on which Gino Marchetti broke his leg on the tackle and Gifford believed the commotion on the field led to refs marking him short. So instead of a first down, NYG punted the ball back to Colts with a little over 2 minutes to. Unitas leads them to a tying FG with seconds left in regulation and the rest is history
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

LennG

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 16, 2024, 08:44:15 PMActually I think Gifford complaint was refs denied him a first down with a bad spot.  It was a third down run on which Gino Marchetti broke his leg on the tackle and Gifford believed the commotion on the field led to refs marking him short. So instead of a first down, NYG punted the ball back to Colts with a little over 2 minutes to. Unitas leads them to a tying FG with seconds left in regulation and the rest is history

You are correct Jimmy. I remember Gifford always said there was a bad spot, and as you said, I got it a bit backward.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TONKA56

I wasn't even born until 1972 and I'm still pissed off about it.