News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosebleed_section

Okay - 5th generation Californian (Pasadena). Lived there the first year of my life and never since. My dad was CIA, so every two years we moved 10,000 miles. We alternated between Europe & the US. At five I spoke perfect Bavarian Deutsch (since forgotten *dang!*) Back to Maryland, then Greece.....back to Virgina. Dad left the agency and we moved to NYC, were I went to the UN School on E 23rd for High School and became a Giant Fan in the early 70's.

Currently live in Charlotte were I am a partner in a product development company, Enventys. We also produce a TV called Everyday Edisons which runs on PBS. I appear on the show regularly, which is about what it takes for ideas to become products. We also run a site called Edison Nation which links inventors to retailers with us as the only intermediary. If you have ideas for inventions, check it out.

Love to travel - the last trip was a 4-wheeling circuit around Iceland in July. If anyone is interested in Antartica - here is the link to my photo journal of that trip.

http://homepage.mac.com/matthewwynn/PhotoAlbum7.html
(note: day 11 is the most interesting)

regards, Matthew

Jaime

Bleeder, welcome aboard. Glad u joined the migration. Plenty happenin' on this site.

nosebleed_section

Thanks Jaime - nice to hear from you. Been kinda overwhelmed lately - business has picked up a lot for us. How are you doing?

jimv

Hi nose!!! Great to have you here!  Sorry that I didn't have a post count on you.  So, you'll have tom work your way up from "Rookie."  But to us Tailgaters, you'll be a HofFer.

Jaime

Bleeder, I'm sluggin' it out it the trenches. Finally got some movement on a bit of biz we need to happen.
But I'm largely all good. Stoked with the games happenin'. Great gettin' together with the ol' posse, yellin' @ the TV & all that. Good to hear from u as well.

LennG

Bleeder

If it is alright to call you that. Nice resume. any chance your PBS show is seen in the NY area??
I love your comment about becoming a Giants fan in the 70's. boy, you must be a glutton for punishment. In the 70's, most other NY teams were doing pretty good, excpet our giants. You must really take in the old saying, rooting for the underdog.
anyway, glad to have you here.  A hearty welcome to the BBH.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

nosebleed_section

Dang - back to being a rook (I was at about 475- can we do that?) Thanks for the kind words though.

Jaime, hang in there dude..

Lenn, by all means bleeder or nose is fine and thanks for the welcome. I still don't know why I became a Giants fan. I'm the only one in my family. My dad is the most shameless front runner you ever met. About the show, "check your local listings" as they say. It has been on the air in the NYC area in the past and will be available on Hulu soon.

Edison Nation is pretty cool. Retails run what are called "sponsored searches" where they define categories in which they are looking for innovation. As a member you can submit ideas specifically to fill the posted need. As far as we know, it is the only Website of it's type in the world.

mezos

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
Brooklyn, NY now. Formerly Central NJ by way of Jersey City.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?

Since 1960 or so, as far back as I can remember.

3)  What do you do for a living?

After a long career in TV and film production I now sell equipment and systems to industry pros for B&H Photo Video's pro division.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?

Not really, just a rabid Giants/Yankees fan.  :D

One Word Giants

I Live in New Rochelle, N.Y close to the Bronx, close to Yankee Stadium.  The lst pro game I saw was the New York Yankees vs. the Chicago Bears in the early 50's.   When the Yanks moved to Balt., the Giants moved in and I was hooked.   I'm a die-hard Giants Fan, been through all the aggravation with stupid draft choices, especially Rocky Thompson.  I'm 66 years old now, and thank God for the Giants success over the past several years.   The trips to Conn. to watch the Giants on TV during the early 60's was great and alot of fun.  The Packers were tough then.  However, the Win over the Pats, was the best ever championship.

I'm now retired from Commercial Photography, but still do DJ work occasionally. My name is Lou and remember anything that ever happens to the Giants, good or bad,  can be described in One Word....Giants!

LennG

Gosh, with all you 'old timers' coming here, i'm starting to feel young again at 63.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Welcome
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Wheels

I live in Port Charlotte, Florida about 6 miles from Weeze.

I became a Giants fan at the young age of 4; 1950 to be exact.  My father was a Giants fan.

I'm retired after working 20 years with various Federal Agencies but have a cool part time job.

Besides the Giants, I'm the Asst. Regional Executive with Central Florida Region of the Sports Car Club of America and drive my Miata at an occasional autocross.

NAILGUN

1) I LIVE IN NORWALK CONNECTICUT ABOUT 35 MINUTES FROM THE BRONX AND 1 1/2 HRS FROM GIANTS STADIUM

2) IVE BEEN DIE HARD TRUE BLUE GIANT FAN FOR 39 YEARS

3) IM A RESIDENTIAL GENERAL CONTRACTOR

4) I ONLY HAVE ONE BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER WHOS IN PRE-LAW AND IM EXTREMLY PROUD OF HER. SHES MARRIED TO A GREAT GUY AND THEY HAVE GIVEN ME TWO AWESOME GRANDKIDS. IM ITALIAN AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE 3 THINGS IN THIS LIFE TIME...MY KID....PASTA AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...FOOTBALL!!!!.....I GO TO MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL GAMES ALOT (RIGHT UP THE HILL FROM MY HOUSE) AND HAVE SERVED ON THE BOOSTER CLUB IN THE PAST. I PLAYED POP WARNER FOOTBALL WHEN I WAS A KID AND CONTINUED TO PLAY THRU HIGH SCHOOL. DIDNT DO COLLEGE BALL ....ENDED UP GETTING MARRIED INSTEAD...(BIG MISTAKE)...ANYWAY IM SINGLE NOW BUT WE ARE STILL FRIENDS. MY # WAS 63 THRUOUT MY FOOTBALL DAYS AND I PLAYED OFFENSIVE CENTER AND GUARD AND DEFENSIVE TACKLE.

sports_39

1)  I'm from Spring Valley, NY. Just right over the Tappanzee Bridge and 10 minutes from the Pallisades Mall.

2)  Most (if not all) of my life. My father, wouldn't have it any other way  ;)

3)  I work at Pfizer (Wizer), as an IT contractor, prepping and fixing computers.

4) I'm fairly new to the board, but I have meet some of you guys in at the gatherings in Fishkill, NY.  Usually I'm with my father (LennG)  :what:, on those occasions.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

vette5573

Welcome "Son of Lenn". Don't worry, we won't hold that against you. 'Bout time you finally got here!

buljos

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?  San Diego

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?  38 years. 

3)  What do you do for a living?  Senior Manager with Lockheed Martin

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?  First 25 years of my life in Albany, NY... graduated from SUNY Albany.  Giants are in my blood.