News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How to post a photos and video to the message board

Started by MightyGiants, May 25, 2007, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 16, 2022, 06:39:43 PMIs This thread still relevant?

I actually struggle with this myself. I have a mac. When I tried to follow the instructions at the top of the thread I couldn't seem to get it done and eventually gave up. I generally only post links but it would come in handy to be able to post images from time to time.

MightyGiants

@Ed Vette and @DaveBrown74

The upload attachment option is still there.  You need to use the "reply" button to get those options, rather than the "quick reply" option
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 16, 2022, 07:43:39 PM@Ed Vette and @DaveBrown74

The upload attachment option is still there.  You need to use the "reply" button to get those options, rather than the "quick reply" option

Thanks. I actually have never been able to do this, period. Even on the old board.

Sem

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 16, 2022, 07:59:05 PMThanks. I actually have never been able to do this, period. Even on the old board.
I upload to a free image hosting site and then link to that. Pretty sure it doesn't matter what OS you're using. PM me if you need instructions. I got Len using it at one point, though I don't know if he still uses it.

LennG

If that is the Post Images site, yes I use it all the time, especially for my photos which are huge and could never post them any other way.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on June 20, 2022, 12:21:08 PMIf that is the Post Images site, yes I use it all the time, especially for my photos which are huge and could never post them any other way.

Thanks.. so it's called "Post Images"? I need to figure this out. I assume it works on a Mac and on "MacOS Monterey" which is my OS?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 20, 2022, 12:36:45 PMThanks.. so it's called "Post Images"? I need to figure this out. I assume it works on a Mac and on "MacOS Monterey" which is my OS?

Go to a site like Imgur

https://imgur.com/register?redirect=%2F

then you upload pictures

click on the 3 dots

click on get share links

copy link for BBCode (forums)

paste it in a post here
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

You can use any web hosting site, but the reason I use PostImage is that you don't have to sign up or sign in to use it.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on June 21, 2022, 09:03:50 AMYou can use any web hosting site, but the reason I use PostImage is that you don't have to sign up or sign in to use it.
Same here...been using it for years. Clean and simple. Only downside is that about once every ten times it throws a string of letters onto the end of the url for an advertisement that you have to take the time to delete from the original string of letters. You don't have to delete it, but if you don't, there'll be a url underneath the picture you post that if clicked, takes you to an ad. I guess that's how they fund the site
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 21, 2022, 09:33:17 AMTest

I tried the post-image site. That is a snip and paste I did from some other website. Looks fine except way too small. Came out much smaller than what it looked like on the page. I'm not sure how to control that.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 21, 2022, 09:34:37 AMI tried the post-image site. That is a snip and paste I did from some other website. Looks fine except way too small. Came out much smaller than what it looked like on the page. I'm not sure how to control that.

postimage will put the picture the same size as the source

I change picture sizes all the time. I use Infranview viewer exclusively (https://www.irfanview.com/) for looking at photos and it's totally free and a really great viewer

When pulling up a picture in Infranview, you can go to the third tab over "Image" for a drop down of options. It looks like this:

Then go down to "Resize/Resample" and click on it and it looks like this:

Click the round box where it says "Set new size" you can adjust the width to any size you want (note: if the original photo is small, making it larger could become blurrier as it increases in most cases - making it smaller retains it's clarity). It all depends on the original number of pixels in the photo

Make sure the box "Preserve aspect ratio" is clicked with a check mark...otherwise you can make it less wide, but the height remains the same

EDIT: OH YEAH, AFTER RESIZING TO THE SIZE YOU WANT....DON'T FORGET TO SAVE!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Thanks very much JGB; will give that one a look as well.

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 21, 2022, 09:20:51 AMSame here...been using it for years. Clean and simple. Only downside is that about once every ten times it throws a string of letters onto the end of the url for an advertisement that you have to take the time to delete from the original string of letters. You don't have to delete it, but if you don't, there'll be a url underneath the picture you post that if clicked, takes you to an ad. I guess that's how they fund the site

Weird. I've been using it for years and have never seen ads.