News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2014- Offense (COMBINED)

Started by UKGiantsFan, March 30, 2014, 07:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Traina tweeted yesterday that the Giants like Dallas Reynolds.  They see upside with him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Sometimes if you look hard you start seeing what you want to see. Reynolds has not done anything in several years bouncing between practice squads and active rosters without doing anything much in active game time to suggest he's a bona fide nfl starter. I can see that he could be better than Cordle but a legitimate insurance policy that won't give Eli sleepless nights...?!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2014, 07:47:48 AM
Pat Traina tweeted yesterday that the Giants like Dallas Reynolds.  They see upside with him

Eli has already seen the upside offered by Reynolds. Final game of the season he saw the skyline. Last week the remnants of that hit had him looking up at the ceiling of an operating theatre

MightyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 17, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

Eli has already seen the upside offered by Reynolds. Final game of the season he saw the skyline. Last week the remnants of that hit had him looking up at the ceiling of an operating theatre

:funnypost:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

She said that about Matt Broha too.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

FL GMAN

I have only seen Ebron play live once and that was vs. Miami. He played well and was the games biggest threat. i don't get this no tight end in the first. Would teams give up a first for Graham, Davis, Gronk ( if healthy ) etc. Many say they would take a W.R but not a tight end, why? I am no draftnik but after 40 years of watching and playing I think I know if a guy can play. I think Ebron will be a star and the Giants will regret passing on him if that is the way it plays out.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: gregf on April 15, 2014, 09:46:07 PM
UK, what do you think of the Giants picking up one of the next tier tackle prospects in the second round to compete for the RG spot? This way they will have a plan B tackle in place if Beatty falters.Or do we draft a guard and use Charly Brown as plan B if Beatty regresses.

Joel Bitonio is a possibility in the 2nd but I don't think he'd be any better at LT than Pugh. I thought Brandon Thomas would have been an option too but he tore his ACL so that's no longer an option.

I don't really see any other collegiate Left Tackles who might project better to Guard in the next tier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

XNYrnLA

Thank you Ceri for spending so much time to post these great write-ups and analysis.

I personally prefer a blocking TE in the 4th with OK hands, than spending a high pick on a big receiver who is not really a very good one.
I would be very happy with either Gilmore or LYNCH there. You left out Arthur Lynch... Do you not consider him a good enough prospect?
"" This team is now 3 players away from being a winning playoff team ""

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: XNYrnLA on April 21, 2014, 01:27:42 AM
Thank you Ceri for spending so much time to post these great write-ups and analysis.

I personally prefer a blocking TE in the 4th with OK hands, than spending a high pick on a big receiver who is not really a very good one.
I would be very happy with either Gilmore or LYNCH there. You left out Arthur Lynch... Do you not consider him a good enough prospect?

Not a big fan of Lynch. Drops too many balls for my liking and I find it laughable that some reviews I've read of him gush about his blocking when it's plain to see he can't move anyone off the line of scrimmage and is built more like an H-Back. I would consider him to be no more than a 5th/6th rounder. Frankly I prefer Richard Rodgers (California) if we are going to go for a one dimensional pass catcher. He'll be on my day three target list if we don't draft a TE on days one and two

MP21WAYS2PAY

You know the Giants love a tight end project.  Here's one:

Justin Jones, TE East Carolina
HT/WT: 6-8, 277

"Never a full-time starter, Jones (6 feet 8, 277 pounds) nevertheless was an intriguing NFL prospect because of his size and athleticism. His vertical jump has been measured at 37.5 inches, and he also bench-pressed 400 pounds. But all that potential never really translated to the field: He finishes his ECU career with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 TDs in 32 games."

Jaime

Ceri, got Amaro as our 2nd Rd. pick in my Mock. I know the common theme is the slaming the guy because he played split wide predominately. But I think he's more a victim of scheme then talent regarding
Blocking. Amaro's feel for finding the seam along with his outstanding Mis-match skill-set as Reciever makes him a good fit for us. He's 6'5" 265 lbs. with real good athletic ability. Reportedly, he can add bulk to his frame. I believe he can be coached up to block similar to Shockey.

UKGiantsFan

There are so many receivers I am bored watching them so rather than delay this any further I'm going to publish those that I believe are potential fits for the Giants in the first two rounds and then come back to look at slot receivers and others that may fit the Giants from the third round onwards after taking a break to do the preview for LB's and edge rushers.

WIDE RECEIVERS

The talent available
This is by far the deepest and most talented position in the draft with as many as eleven players likely to be taken in the firs two 50 rounds on merit and a smorgasbord of talent available who project to either the X,Z or slot positions. I have two players in my top 5 overall, another in my top 15, three more in my top 32, one in my top 4, two in my top 50 and two in my top 64. Were that not enough I have another two in my top 75 and three in my top 100. As WR hungry teams feast on the talent there will either be one or two who drop to much later than expected.

What do I think the Giants should do?
In Victor Cruz the Giants have the perfect

President Rick

impressive yahoo-sports write-up on Oregon State's Brandin Cooks.  Where do you see him, Ceri?  Others? 
here's the piece:

"Brandin Cooks is not the No. 1 prospect in the 2014 NFL Draft. He
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: President Rick on April 24, 2014, 12:42:08 PM
impressive yahoo-sports write-up on Oregon State's Brandin Cooks.  Where do you see him, Ceri?  Others? 

I think his size limits him to being a slot receiver. He's a very good one though. I think he'll be the 4th WR off the board, probably just outside the top 20. We could be seeing a lot of him - the Eagles are amongst those known to be interested

JoeP

Just one man's opinion, I think Evans would do a better job of compensating for Eli's short comings than Watkins.