News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 28, 2021, 04:47:31 AM
Found it - softball for me (sorry for not seeing before):

Blade Runner. 1982. With Harrison Ford.

The Monologue is absolutely epic; "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannh
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on January 25, 2021, 11:25:55 AM

Try this one. Again, not a softball, but the line has clues to the movie (I watched this over the weekend)

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I saw "Gandhi" once & couldn't remember that quote nor anything else from the movie.  It's like your answer to "El Cid."

jimv

Here's one from an Academy Award winning film:

"Alas, poor Yorick!  I knew him, Horatio."

GordonGekko80

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 29, 2021, 02:25:39 AM
Batman. 1989. Directed by Tim Burton.  ;)

One of the biggest lines of the Movie from Jack Nicholson.

I also loved the Soundtrack. Partyman was my favourite at the time.
And Prince was a f**king genious anyways. A visionary with his music.

Again, correct.

Out of all the Batman movies, to me anyway, this one was the best. Gimmicky--for sure, but I just LOVED Nickolson as The Joker. The movie just came alive whenever he was on screen. The movie was done tongue in cheek.

I also loved Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight, but he was sinister and was just perfect in that role, while Nicholson was playing it for laughs.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on January 29, 2021, 10:38:39 AM
Again, correct.

Out of all the Batman movies, to me anyway, this one was the best. Gimmicky--for sure, but I just LOVED Nickolson as The Joker. The movie just came alive whenever he was on screen. The movie was done tongue in cheek.

I also loved Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight, but he was sinister and was just perfect in that role, while Nicholson was playing it for laughs.

Ledger was absolutely phenomenal in The Dark Knight. This is an epic movie.

Unfortunately this role cost him his life, I guess. 

LennG

OK It doesn't get any easier than this

Is this heaven?

It's Iowa.

Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on January 29, 2021, 11:21:02 AM

OK It doesn't get any easier than this

Is this heaven?

It's Iowa.

Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven.

Field of Dreams.  ;)

jimv

The exact quote is:

"No. It's Iowa."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 29, 2021, 12:15:52 AM
Here's one from an Academy Award winning film:

"Alas, poor Yorick!  I knew him, Horatio."

Try as I might, I have no clue as to this. I evened googled it and they have no clue. Sorry.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Ok guys, how about this one (an oldie)

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on January 29, 2021, 05:24:10 PM
Try as I might, I have no clue as to this. I evened googled it and they have no clue. Sorry.

"Hamlet;" Laurence Olivier.

jimv