News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 29, 2021, 06:53:36 PM

"Hamlet;" Laurence Olivier.
Never saw it and have no interest in seeing it. Shakespeare is just not my thing--ever.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 29, 2021, 07:10:01 PM

There's another more famous quote from that same movie:

"Why don't you come up sometime and see me?"

Anybody want to take a shot on it??????????????

Might as well give it away

You can add the line before that one
I always did like a man in a uniform. That one fits you grand.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on January 29, 2021, 07:20:54 PM
Might as well give it away

You can add the line before that one
I always did like a man in a uniform. That one fits you grand.

"She Done Him Wrong"  1932

LennG

And another big-time softball

Captain, you told me...

The Captain: Never mind what I told you. *I'm telling you!*

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

2 Softballs:

1. Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?

2. When I had my ulcers, I was farting razor blades.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on January 30, 2021, 04:54:59 PM
And another big-time softball

Captain, you told me...

The Captain: Never mind what I told you. *I'm telling you!*

Mister Roberts - With Jack Lemmon. Love him...

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on February 01, 2021, 07:06:51 AM
2 Softballs:

1. Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?

2. When I had my ulcers, I was farting razor blades.

A Few Good Men--Just a terrific movie. Anything with Jack Nickolson in it is always a great watch and he sure didn't disappoint here.

Grumpy Old Men--Two of my all-time favorite movie characters, Matthau and Lemmon. Most people love them in The Odd couple, but my favorite was The Fortune Cookie

Charlie Weiss

jimv

How's Frank?
He ain't complain'.
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight, eh Ben?
Wouldn't be surprised.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 01, 2021, 01:26:59 PM
How's Frank?
He ain't complain'.
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight, eh Ben?
Wouldn't be surprised.

HIgh Noon

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So! You've been telling everybody I'm sleeping with you, huh? Well, that explains it; that's why these people treat me like some dime-store floozy. They all think I'm screwing the boss!

No, no... That's not it at all...!

Oh, and you just love it, don't you! It gives you some sort of cheap thrill, like knocking over pencils, and picking up papers.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

it's the movie where the girls tie up the boss in his home & take over the running of the business.  The name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't come up with it right now. ~X( ~X( ~X(

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on February 01, 2021, 11:22:22 AM
A Few Good Men--Just a terrific movie. Anything with Jack Nickolson in it is always a great watch and he sure didn't disappoint here.

Grumpy Old Men--Two of my all-time favorite movie characters, Matthau and Lemmon. Most people love them in The Odd couple, but my favorite was The Fortune Cookie

Matthau and Lemmon together are one of a kind. The humor that Matthau had - along with his body language and way of saying it - were something else.

jimv

Quote from: jimv on February 02, 2021, 12:21:26 AM
it's the movie where the girls tie up the boss in his home & take over the running of the business.  The name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't come up with it right now. ~X( ~X( ~X(

9 to 5

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv