News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 24, 2021, 08:42:21 PM

1961, southern accent, major movie culminating with an Academy Award (not for the movie).  C'mon Lenny.

Got it, To Kill a Mockingbird

How about my last one?

Also, thought you would have gotten Castaway
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Try this one. Again, not a softball, but the line has clues to the movie (I watched this over the weekend)

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Here's a SUPER softball:

"For God, King Alfonso and Spain!"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 26, 2021, 03:09:53 PM
Here's a SUPER softball:

"For God, King Alfonso and Spain!"

Have absolutely no idea

Softball??????????????

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, I'm shocked!!! :o :o :o  It's a GREAT Epic with Charlton Heston.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on January 26, 2021, 06:55:41 PM
Lenny, I'm shocked!!! :o :o :o  It's a GREAT Epic with Charlton Heston.

Sorry

Charlie Weiss

LennG

If we are throwing our real softballs. here is another

Charlie Weiss

jimv

It seems that you're throwing "softballs" to me that I don't and I'm doing the same to you.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GordonGekko80

jimv

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 27, 2021, 02:13:29 AM
Wasn't that the ending line of "When Harry Met Sally"??

I n ever saw that movie.

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 27, 2021, 02:13:29 AM
Wasn't that the ending line of "When Harry Met Sally"??

Correcto, my friend.

A couple of others up there I think you would know, care to take a shot.  (try the sci-fi one, it is a softball for any sci-fi fans)

Jim, you never saw When Harry Met Sally.? I really can't believe that. You HAVE to watch this immediately. Guaranteed you will love it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

And, Lenny, if you haven't seen "El Cid," watch it ASAP.

LennG

I HAVE seen El Cid--many, many years ago. Hard to remember a line from a movie that long ago. I have a hard time remembering what the plot was in a movie I saw last week, let alone 25 odd years ago. Just why would I know that particular line?

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on January 24, 2021, 10:35:52 AM

Try this one

"All those moments will be lost in time