News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 05, 2021, 03:18:00 PM

I'm completely clueless!

This is a hard one but I thought you might get it. From a very famous actor who really didn't say much
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on February 05, 2021, 05:07:13 PM
This is a hard one but I thought you might get it. From a very famous actor who really didn't say much

"A very famous actor who didn't say much."  All I could think of was Charlie Chaplain.  But, I still couldn't place the quote.  So, I looked it up.  It came from the Jewish barber's speech at the end of "The Great Dictator."
That movie was an incredible satire on Hitler & Mussolini.  The only problem was that at the time it was released, the real story of Jewish persecution was starting to come out.  So, it was really criticized as too unfeewling.

jimv

"If you weren't a bride, I would kiss you goodbye."
"If I wasn't a bride, there would be no goodbyes to be said."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 06, 2021, 12:24:09 AM
"If you weren't a bride, I would kiss you goodbye."
"If I wasn't a bride, there would be no goodbyes to be said."

Jim

I'm getting to know YOUR movies too well

If Gary Cooper were in it, it would be your best of all time.

See if anyone else knows it
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on February 07, 2021, 01:09:20 PM

The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Anyone ???

Jim ????

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

I'll give it another day and see if anyone gets it.  I'll also give a few clues--2008, and what one would call an action/adventure movie with an oscar-winning performance as supporting actor.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on February 09, 2021, 11:40:51 AM
I'll give it another day and see if anyone gets it.  I'll also give a few clues--2008, and what one would call an action/adventure movie with an oscar-winning performance as supporting actor.

No Country for Old Men    Action/Adventure?????????????????

jimv

A real softball:

"Here's lookin' at you kid."

LennG

Quote from: LennG on February 07, 2021, 01:09:20 PM

Good try Jim but it's from The Dark Knight, and is uttered by Commissioner Gordon

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 12, 2021, 10:06:45 PM
A real softball:

"Here's lookin' at you kid."

Now you are scraping the bottom of the barrel. If anyone doesn't know this one, then never look at this thread again.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

OK if you're throwing out softballs, here's another

"Great men are not born great, they grow great."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

The Godfather.

Speaking of "The Godfather," here's another quote:

"What's this with men and the 'Godfather?'"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 14, 2021, 12:21:50 AM
The Godfather.

Speaking of "The Godfather," here's another quote:

"What's this with men and the 'Godfather?'"

Good one--

You've Got Mail

Charlie Weiss