News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 29, 2021, 09:58:46 PM

You spelled Ninotchka correctly. =D>  The quote is from "Anna Christie."

Lucky guess.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is that the movie where she laughed?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Funny, another actress who I really never warmed up to is Marlena Diechtrich (again, spelling). Just her voice always made me cringe. I did like Destry Rides Again, but, other than that, I have seen several of her movies, but never enjoyed her as an actress. I also know she was a HUGE anti-Nazi spokesperson before and during the war. Good for her.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on March 30, 2021, 03:13:01 PM
Lucky guess.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is that the movie where she laughed?

YES!!!!

Re: Marlene Dietrich - Did you ever see "Witness for the Prosecution?"  She was terrific in that.  (Actually, Charles Laughton stole that picture.)

LennG

Yes she was good in that and I LOVED Laughton in that movie.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A big time softball

If you don't know this one, then you don't watch many movies

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on March 31, 2021, 06:01:28 PM
A big time softball

If you don't know this one, then you don't watch many movies

jimv

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on April 04, 2021, 02:10:08 PM
Sorry Jim, really don't have a clue.

I put that one up in celebration of the Gonzaga player taking ther charge at the end of regulation in Saturday night's game.  You don't like Goldberg's movies so I didn't expect you to get it.  I thought that maybe someone  else might get it.  But, no.

it's from EDDIE.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 04, 2021, 05:10:33 PM

I put that one up in celebration of the Gonzaga player taking ther charge at the end of regulation in Saturday night's game.  You don't like Goldberg's movies so I didn't expect you to get it.  I thought that maybe someone  else might get it.  But, no.

it's from EDDIE.

To be honest, it's not that I didn't see it, I never even heard of it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

"What just happened?"
"He mobilized the English language and sent it into battle."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 05, 2021, 12:20:02 AM
"What just happened?"
"He mobilized the English language and sent it into battle."

Good one Jim.

Darkest Hour

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Another good one. 

Hoosiers.

jimv

'Sister, is it always right to turn the other cheek?"
"Yes, it certainly is."
"Well, last night Mr. McGovern turned the other cheek and he got sloughed something fierce."