News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 07, 2021, 12:17:52 AM
'Sister, is it always right to turn the other cheek?"
"Yes, it certainly is."
"Well, last night Mr. McGovern turned the other cheek and he got sloughed something fierce."

I really had no idea, so I did a search and now know the answer, but in a million years, I never would have gotten it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on April 07, 2021, 06:10:50 PM
I really had no idea, so I did a search and now know the answer, but in a million years, I never would have gotten it.

Anybody else want to give it a shot?  Lenny, if nobody answers it by 4/8, you answer it.  OK?

LennG

"Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor... except crime!"
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: jimv on April 07, 2021, 06:48:43 PM

Anybody else want to give it a shot?  Lenny, if nobody answers it by 4/8, you answer it.  OK?

OK, Lenny.  You can answer now.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on April 08, 2021, 06:47:05 PM

"Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor... except crime!"

Isn't anyone going to take a shot at this? Not a softball but reasonably known.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 10, 2021, 02:26:28 PM
I haven't a clue.

Guaranteed you have seen the movie many times.

Huge hint, think Bond, James Bond.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

This is a real toughie (Possibly can you get it Lenny?):

"Smokin' okum!"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 25, 2021, 12:17:16 AM

"Smokin' okum!"
Absolutely no idea

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on April 08, 2021, 06:47:05 PM

Since no one got this fairly easy one

Goldfinger

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Another pretty easy one

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it "

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: jimv on April 25, 2021, 12:17:16 AM

"Smokin' okum!"

This quote is most likely a very obscure one.  It's said throughout one of my favorite movies by Hope Emerson; "Westward the Women."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on April 28, 2021, 12:27:29 AM

This quote is most likely a very obscure one.  It's said throughout one of my favorite movies by Hope Emerson; "Westward the Women."

I think I have heard of the movie but never seen it.

Did you take a shot at my last quote. Very popular movie and a fairly easy one.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on April 28, 2021, 11:19:13 AM
I think I have heard of the movie but never seen it.

Did you take a shot at my last quote. Very popular movie and a fairly easy one.

It might be popular, but the quote has me stumped.  BTW, next time "Westward the Women" is on TCM, try to watch it.  I think you'll like it.