News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

"I would liked to have seen Montana."

GIANTS1

the dying quote is from the outlaw josey wales.  the dream quote i think is the maltese falcon.

ozzie

Yes, GIANTS1, I just remembered and came here to post it. You beat me to it. The Maltese Falcon!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 25, 2022, 12:17:17 AM
"I would liked to have seen Montana."

Good one Jim. I'll wait and see if anyone else knows this.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Excellent job my fellow movie watchers. You got them all so let's move on to maybe a couple a bit less well known (maybe)

1--- "Nothin'! A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head, he beat you with nothin', just like today when he kept comin' back at me, with nothin'.

2---
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 25, 2022, 12:04:48 PM
Excellent job my fellow movie watchers. You got them all so let's move on to maybe a couple a bit less well known (maybe)

1--- "Nothin'! A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head, he beat you with nothin', just like today when he kept comin' back at me, with nothin'.

2---
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GIANTS1

#2 i think there was a line in the uncut version of { angels with dirty faces} with if you slap me in a dream you better apologize. not sure if thats where your coming from.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GIANTS1 on February 25, 2022, 03:00:21 PM
#2 i think there was a line in the uncut version of { angels with dirty faces} with if you slap me in a dream you better apologize. not sure if thats where your coming from.

There might have been a line similar but it isn't from this movie. Think a lot more modern. The gangster theme is correct though.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

So far, nobody's giving tries at my quotes.  They're not from obscure movies, so I'll list them again:

1.  "Down Ares!  Up Mars!"

2.  "I would like to have seen Montana."

I'll add a few more:

3.  "God alone knows when we'll meet again."
     "Then we'll leave it in His hands."

4.  "Last night I dreamed a dreadful dream...Beyond the Isle of Skye...I saw a dead man win a fight...And I think that man was I."

5.  "Is that a bed or a parade ground?"

6.  "It looks like a heavy case.  A heavy case."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 26, 2022, 03:39:58 PM
So far, nobody's giving tries at my quotes.  They're not from obscure movies, so I'll list them again:

1.  "Down Ares!  Up Mars!"

2.  "I would like to have seen Montana."

I'll add a few more:

3.  "God alone knows when we'll meet again."
     "Then we'll leave it in His hands."

4.  "Last night I dreamed a dreadful dream...Beyond the Isle of Skye...I saw a dead man win a fight...And I think that man was I."

5.  "Is that a bed or a parade ground?"

6.  "It looks like a heavy case.  A heavy case."

#1-- Too easy so I'll leave it for others

#2--Hunt For Red October

#3-??????????????????????

#4--Man Who Never Was

#5??????????????????

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 27, 2022, 12:10:12 AM
Is it ?????????? for # 6 too?

Sorry I didn't see @6--Naked City????

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on February 25, 2022, 12:04:48 PM

2---

Charlie Weiss

jimv