News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Everything COVID-19

Started by MightyGiants, July 11, 2020, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in NJ

My thoughts about the video:

Leave it up. It

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ron in NJ

We have other systems to prevent malfeasance in this area.

Medical Licensing, malpractice suits, import regulations etc. etc.

This is not twitters job

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ron in NJ on July 29, 2020, 02:30:25 PM
We have other systems to prevent malfeasance in this area.

Medical Licensing, malpractice suits, import regulations etc. etc.

This is not twitters job

Ron,

False information can kill.   Suspending license or a malpractice suit doesn't bring people back from the dead.  In public health we prevent people from being killed, we don't worry about methods of extracting revenge.

Edit to add-  Ron, this is exactly what I am talking about.  This false claim will KILL people-   "We don't need masks. There is a cure,"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Okay, now I get why Bob isn't providing details, he doesn't have any.    He just knows that a group of people claimed to be doctors and he liked what they had to say.

Well here is an article that breaks down the qualifications of the "American Frontline Doctors"

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87797

Bob,

Why do you opt to listen to Donald Trump (Trump-
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ron in NJ on July 29, 2020, 02:20:35 PM
My thoughts about the video:

Leave it up. It
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 04:14:04 PM
Ron: Two great points, neither of which had occurred to me.  I don't have a Twitter account and therefore never go there.  But I feel "deprived" for not having been able to see the video to decide for myself.

People who have covid might be interested.  The same for anyone like me who fortunately don't have it.  The "good news" is that absence of the chance to see the video may not stop people from asking their MD's.

With limited info I have, IMO the small group of MD's were treating people in very early stages of covid, whereas the study published in the New England Journal of Medicine dealt with "mild-to-moderate" cases. 

It's hard to tell if the two overlap, although I suspect they do not.  Further, I'm not sure if both the small group and the study in the N.E. Journal of Medicine are referencing exactly the same combination of drugs.

I do know that Dr. Marc Siegel (the "usual" Fox News medical guy) said on Tucker Carlson's show that in his view the verdict on the controversial treatment is still "up in the air" (not proven, and not yet enough data).

Bob
Did you go to their website? I posted a link to their site in my previous response to you.

I can't imagine why they would only post it to a platform where they have no control of it, especially when they have their own website.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 04:48:15 PM
Did you go to their website? I posted a link to their site in my previous response to you.

I can't imagine why they would only post it to a platform where they have no control of it, especially when they have their own website.

Tim: Forgot to mention I did try the link and got a message that basically says that address is no longer in existence.  Only the owner of the name can log in.  I do appreciate the effort.  Thanks.  Bob

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 04:53:04 PM
Tim: Forgot to mention I did try the link and got a message that basically says that address is no longer in existence.  Only the owner of the name can log in.  I do appreciate the effort.  Thanks.  Bob
Hmmmm that's weird. It didn't come up for me either. Oh well.

Any thoughts on my question?

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 05:27:13 PM
Hmmmm that's weird. It didn't come up for me either. Oh well.

Any thoughts on my question?

Tim: Is this the question to which you're referring -->   How likely are you to see that doctor for your procedure?  Bob

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 07:56:21 PM
Tim: Is this the question to which you're referring -->   How likely are you to see that doctor for your procedure?  Bob
Yes sir, that's the one.

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 09:03:07 PM
Yes sir, that's the one.

Tim: To answer your question I will have to assume there is a doctor as described by H-Town, from whose post you copied the following description:

..... [a doctor] "who openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons..." 

If that description were accurate and complete regarding the doctor to whom your question refers, then the answer to your question, obviously, is "not likely." 

But the issue is censorship. IMO, supporting the burning of books and the silencing of speech is a very bad idea.... because YOU might be the next person someone decides to silence.

Another good reason for allowing the video to stand is that, IMO, the best way to identify "crackpots," people with hidden agendas, and fools, is to allow them to talk.... if you know what I mean.

Bob

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Tim: To answer your question I will have to assume there is a doctor as described by H-Town, from whose post you copied the following description:

..... [a doctor] "who openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons..." 

If that description were accurate and complete regarding the doctor to whom your question refers, then the answer to your question, obviously, is "not likely." 

But the issue is censorship. IMO, supporting the burning of books and the silencing of speech is a very bad idea.... because YOU might be the next person someone decides to silence.

Another good reason for allowing the video to stand is that, IMO, the best way to identify "crackpots," people with hidden agendas, and fools, is to allow them to talk.... if you know what I mean.

Bob
OK, so your issue is that Twitter deleted the video.

But isn't it their call as to what is allowed on their platform?

Is that the only venue that those doctors had available to air their video?

Why is their website down? Is that of their own doing or someone else?

Ron in NJ

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 10:08:51 PM

I feel like the video was created for the express purpose of having it banned from social media

You don

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 10:08:51 PM

Tim: Yes, as H-Town has said and I think we all agree, the Constitutional right to free speech only applies to governmental action (and there was none here).

However, I believe we all generally support the concept of hearing ALL people out in public forums (like this one) even though they are not under a legal obligation to do so.

In any event, I haven't been able to find the whole video anywhere.  Excerpts were played on TV but I don't trust excerpts (regardless of which channel played them), especially for medical and scientific matters.

I have no idea why the website is down, or who took it down, or who is ultimately responsible.  It certainly could have been the "owner" but there are a few other possible explanations. 

Maybe, eventually, some enterprising young "cub reporter" will probably provide those answers.

Bob