News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Everything COVID-19

Started by MightyGiants, July 11, 2020, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ron in NJ on July 29, 2020, 02:20:35 PM
My thoughts about the video:

Leave it up. It
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Ron in NJ on July 29, 2020, 10:22:21 PM
I feel like the video was created for the express purpose of having it banned from social media

You don
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 10:27:33 PM
Tim: Yes, as H-Town has said and I think we all agree, the Constitutional right to free speech only applies to governmental action (and there was none here).

However, I believe we all generally support the concept of hearing ALL people out in public forums (like this one) even though they are not under a legal obligation to do so.

In any event, I haven't been able to find the whole video anywhere.  Excerpts were played on TV but I don't trust excerpts (regardless of which channel played them), especially for medical and scientific matters.

I have no idea why the website is down, or who took it down, or who is ultimately responsible.  It certainly could have been the "owner" but there are a few other possible explanations. 

Maybe, eventually, some enterprising young "cub reporter" will probably provide those answers.

Bob
I understand where you're coming from, Bob. And I tend to agree.

Personally, if I feel so strongly about something and I put it out for public consumption and it is removed, I'm going to find another avenue because it is that important. Not only that, I'm providing actual proof to support my stance. To my knowledge, these people just appeared on the scene with these claims. Does anyone have any information to substantiate their claims?

Ron in NJ

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 10:50:51 PM
So you're saying the doctors themselves created the video just to have it banned? To what end?

I'm sure they absolutely knew she had 'other-worldly' ideas and thoughts. They either believe similarly or don't think it's too far-fetched. And if they thought she was kooky, why let her speak?

To create a sense of persecution in a certain group of people, that their rights are being trampled. Any only one man is standing up for them. Better make sure to vote for him in November. Trumps use of conspiracy theories is pretty well documented.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Tim: To answer your question I will have to assume there is a doctor as described by H-Town, from whose post you copied the following description:

..... [a doctor] "who openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons..." 

If that description were accurate and complete regarding the doctor to whom your question refers, then the answer to your question, obviously, is "not likely." 

But the issue is censorship. IMO, supporting the burning of books and the silencing of speech is a very bad idea.... because YOU might be the next person someone decides to silence.

Another good reason for allowing the video to stand is that, IMO, the best way to identify "crackpots," people with hidden agendas, and fools, is to allow them to talk.... if you know what I mean.

Bob

Bob,

Is it "censorship" that you are not allowed to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater???
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Ron in NJ on July 30, 2020, 06:20:34 AM
To create a sense of persecution in a certain group of people, that their rights are being trampled. Any only one man is standing up for them. Better make sure to vote for him in November. Trumps use of conspiracy theories is pretty well documented.
That's not out of the realm of possibility.

T200

Herman Cain attended last month's Trump rally in Tulsa, where he contracted the coronavirus...

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/07/30/herman-cain-dies-covid-19-coronavirus-former-gop-presidential-candidate.html

May he rest in peace...  :(

Bob In PA

ATTENTION ALL "SCIENTISTS"

The same guy Rich peed on last week (because he is "only" a professor of epidemiology and Director of Yale's Molecular Cancer Epidemiology Laboratory) is back. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/yale-epidemiologist-accuses-fauci-running-disinformation-campaign

Follow the money, guys!  Big Pharma stands to make a fortune by developing covid vaccines, and they can't allow puny little hydroxychloroquine to get in the way of all those profits.

Bob

PS. Hey, maybe this guy can be videotaped hunched over a pot of boiling rat tails and stirring it with a voodoo stick while shaking a bag of bones.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 30, 2020, 11:14:16 AM

The same guy Rich peed on last week (because he is "only" a professor of epidemiology and Director of Yale's Molecular Cancer Epidemiology Laboratory) is back. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/yale-epidemiologist-accuses-fauci-running-disinformation-campaign

Follow the money, guys!  Big Pharma stands to make a fortune by developing covid vaccines, and they can't allow puny little hydroxychloroquine to get in the way of all those profits.

Bob

PS. Hey, maybe this guy can be videotaped hunched over a pot of boiling rat tails and stirring it with a voodoo stick while shaking a bag of bones.

"Risch argued that, while hydroxychloroquine is not a universally effective treatment..." i.e. its not going to replace a vaccine. He's saying there are limited cases where evidence suggests HCQ is helpful, despite the absence of random standardized testing to support it. And one of the caveats is that the patients need to be "high-risk." So again, not going to replace a vaccine for most of the population even presuming he's correct. I fail to see the connection between the article and your assertions.

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on July 30, 2020, 11:24:06 AM
"Risch argued that, while hydroxychloroquine is not a universally effective treatment..." i.e. its not going to replace a vaccine. He's saying there are limited cases where evidence suggests HCQ is helpful, despite the absence of random standardized testing to support it. And one of the caveats is that the patients need to be "high-risk." So again, not going to replace a vaccine for most of the population even presuming he's correct. I fail to see the connection between the article and your assertions.

H-Town: There isn't any.  The assertion about Big Pharma is mine alone (at this time). 

However, I believe as events unfold you may see more and more of a connection.

The part about "rattling bones" is just a (weak) joke to reinforce my point that this guy is imminently qualified to have his views undergo serious consideration. 

Bob

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 30, 2020, 11:28:29 AM
H-Town: There isn't any.  The assertion about Big Pharma is mine alone (at this time). 

However, I believe as events unfold you may see more and more of a connection.

The part about "rattling bones" is just a (weak) joke to reinforce my point that this guy is imminently qualified to have his views undergo serious consideration. 

Bob

I understand the "rattling bones" part, which is why I looked at the substance of his opinions. He did not, as Dr. Immanuel did, state broadly that HCQ is a "cure" for COVID-19. He was careful to limit his opinion to a specific cross-section of potential patients. And he certainly didn't proclaim there's no need for masks because of HCQ. So I don't think that because I can at least understand Dr. Fisch's point (whether I agree or not) means that Dr. Immanuel's should be equally credited.

I'm sure there is money to be made in vaccines. Look at Moderna's stock in the recent months. But given that the article you posted has Dr. Fisch taking issue with Dr. Fauci's reticence to promote HCQ without a random standardized test, then turning around and saying that there's money in vaccines, one would reasonably infer that you're implying Dr. Fauci is refusing to acknowledge HCQ to promote the medical industry's capitalization of a COVID vaccine market. To me, that is a tenuous connection at best given Dr. Fauci's reputation. What I see is two doctors disagreeing about what level of evidence they need to support the clinical use of a drug.

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on July 30, 2020, 11:50:19 AM
I understand the "rattling bones" part, which is why I looked at the substance of his opinions. He did not, as Dr. Immanuel did, state broadly that HCQ is a "cure" for COVID-19. He was careful to limit his opinion to a specific cross-section of potential patients. And he certainly didn't proclaim there's no need for masks because of HCQ. So I don't think that because I can at least understand Dr. Fisch's point (whether I agree or not) means that Dr. Immanuel's should be equally credited.

I'm sure there is money to be made in vaccines. Look at Moderna's stock in the recent months. But given that the article you posted has Dr. Fisch taking issue with Dr. Fauci's reticence to promote HCQ without a random standardized test, then turning around and saying that there's money in vaccines, one would reasonably infer that you're implying Dr. Fauci is refusing to acknowledge HCQ to promote the medical industry's capitalization of a COVID vaccine market. To me, that is a tenuous connection at best given Dr. Fauci's reputation. What I see is two doctors disagreeing about what level of evidence they need to support the clinical use of a drug.

H-Town: Your description of the nature of the article is spot-on, IMO; the story itself is well-written and about as "neutral" as anything gets these days. 

And I appreciate your serious response even though IMO my initial contentiousness may not have fully merited it.   :o

As for your second point, I agree with your final observation because that's what we should expect scientists to do, especially with a novel microbe.  Thanks.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 30, 2020, 11:14:16 AM

Bob

Ironic that your cancer doctor who fraudulently goes by the more generic "epidemiologist" to create a false credential is accusing a real expert of fraud.  This is the sort of fake lizard people science that the right is  pushing to ruin our nation  and kill people.    Herman Caine can be counted now as one of the victims
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on July 30, 2020, 11:24:06 AM

Thank you for restoring my faith that not everyone is anti-science  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on July 30, 2020, 11:11:40 AM
Herman Cain attended last month's Trump rally in Tulsa, where he contracted the coronavirus...

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/07/30/herman-cain-dies-covid-19-coronavirus-former-gop-presidential-candidate.html

May he rest in peace...  :(

This is so upsetting.  This is exactly what I and everyone else in public health have been fighting so hard to prevent.   It's our job to save lives and everyone that dies of this virus is another loss in our war.   :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE