News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Everything COVID-19

Started by MightyGiants, July 11, 2020, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I came across this meme (the death is unfortunately real).    Sadly ironic that a man who founded a conservative group that was encouraging dangerous anti-American practices that spread Covid would die of that same disease

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

umassgrad

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 30, 2020, 12:50:04 PM
This is so upsetting.  This is exactly what I and everyone else in public health have been fighting so hard to prevent.   It's our job to save lives and everyone that dies of this virus is another loss in our war.   :(
Just heard about Cain's passing. Does anyone know how he got Covid? Was it at the rally where he is pictured here?

jimv

Herman Cain, a 75 old old Black man died from Covid19 at the age of 75.  He was a leading Conservative voice for a number of years.  He had been going many places without the use of a mask.  But, the liberal media are playing up the fact that he did attend Trump's Tulsa Gathering.  That plays him little justice.  A GOOD MAN.  May he RIP.

Bob In PA

Quote from: umassgrad on July 30, 2020, 06:03:35 PM
Just heard about Cain's passing. Does anyone know how he got Covid? Was it at the rally where he is pictured here?

umass: He WAS at that rally, but there has been no word if there was attempted "tracing" and/or whether any determination has been reached which would answer your other question.  A nice man.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

A good man... may God bless him.  Bob

LennG

He's be alive today if your current adminstration had advocated wearing masks when everyone told us it was necessary.

And your current president, in his ever longing to hold rallies when everyone told him not to. How many more will die because of the just studid actions of this psychopath.

Just a foolish loss of life for a wonderful man.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Philosophers

I have not read a single doctor who has said, "COVID-19 is not very serious."  I have heard a bunch of non-physicians say it is not as serious as the media has made it to be."  Hmmm, which group am I going to believe, the ones who actually went to medical school or the ones who didn't?

There are days I wake up and sometimes wish significant influencers of this view would catch the damn thing and experience the hardships to maybe change the view of these people. 

jimv

Lenn & Phil - That's all you can say on a thread that was put up to honor a man's death?  SHAME on you!!!!! ~X( ~X(

jimv

I heard of his death on a CBS (Liberal media) Radio newscast.  They mentioned that he had been at the Trump Tulsa Rally.  BUT, they also said he had been to many places recently.  No one knows.

T200

Quote from: jimv on July 30, 2020, 08:22:23 PM
Lenn & Phil - That's all you can say on a thread that was put up to honor a man's death?  SHAME on you!!!!! ~X( ~X(
Jim,

You're always quick to point out a political thread when others post it. You can't assign blame to the "liberal media" and then call someone else out for responding along those lines.

Additionally, I addressed his passing in the COVID thread on the Front Porch and you decided to post this here.

The rules are the same for all of us.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Quote from: umassgrad on July 30, 2020, 06:03:35 PM
No one knows for sure but he has been seen without a mask and was hospitalized days after the Tulsa rally. Being fully exposed certainly didn't help. Neither did being African American and over 60 as studies have shown those to be the demographics that COVID affects the hardest. Why he wouldn't wear a mask in a public setting is beyond me.

God bless him. His suffering (in more ways than one) is over.

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on July 30, 2020, 06:58:41 PM
He's be alive today if your current adminstration had advocated wearing masks when everyone told us it was necessary.

Shame on you. 

jimv

Quote from: T200 on July 30, 2020, 09:21:08 PM
Jim,

You're always quick to point out a political thread when others post it. You can't assign blame to the "liberal media" and then call someone else out for responding along those lines.

Additionally, I addressed his passing in the COVID thread on the Front Porch and you decided to post this here.

The rules are the same for all of us.

Tim, Your mentioning Cain's death was just in passing.  As we always do, when mentioning a significant death, we do it on the main page.  That's what I did.  It was Phil & Lenn who made it into a political thread.  I mentioned  CBS as liberal medium only because they gave his death the appropriate lack of knowledge as to its cause; more than our liberal friends on the Board did.

T200

Quote from: jimv on July 31, 2020, 12:43:32 AM

Tim, Your mentioning Cain's death was just in passing.  As we always do, when mentioning a significant death, we do it on the main page.  That's what I did.  It was Phil & Lenn who made it into a political thread.  I mentioned  CBS as liberal medium only because they gave his death the appropriate lack of knowledge as to its cause; more than our liberal friends on the Board did.
Jim,

You could have mentioned his death without the 'liberal media' reference, just as I did.

Whoever makes it political after that is on them, not you.

Either way, your thread and post were not altered in any way.

Bob In PA

Rich:  Serious question about masks.  A lot of posts talk about "masks" but from what I've read and heard recently, just any old mask will not do the job, and could actually be counterproductive.

Specifically, there are reports indicating that if you're not wearing a surgical grade N95 respirator mask, you are at least wasting your time and money, and maybe doing more harm than good.

Apparently, masks made of cloth (and a few other types) might actually be worse than wearing no mask at all.  What's the actual current consensus?

Bob