News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Terrific shots Lou. Loved them all.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

We're in the Outer Banks, and one of the first places we stopped was Bodie Island Lighthouse - it's one of my favorite places to shoot.

And Jake the Aussie...

The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

We took Jake, our Australian Shepherd, to the beach today for the first time. He loved it! Got to run and chase a ball around, although the "fetch" part still needs some work - we got a work out retrieving the ball after he would chase after it then return without it.

Notice the ball he left behind...

The Moose is Loose!

ozzie

Beautiful dog, Moose. And I love the action shots!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Moose put up a few great shots of one of the lighthouses on the Outer Banks of NC.
We have been there a few times, but always in the offseason, but if you have never been, it is a wonderful place to spend some time. There are 5 major lighthouses along the Outer Banks, along with the Wright Brothers Memorial at Kitty Hawk. I assume you spent some time there Moose, did you happen to go to Jockey's Ridge State Park which is like wandering the Sahara Desert. There are huge dunes and a sort of hike along a supposedly marked trail?

Anyway you got me looking back on some of my pixs from OBX

Here are some of the other lighthouses along the Outer Banks of NC

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

Ocracoke Island Light

Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse

Currituck Beach Lighthouse

And the most popular BodieIsland Lighthouse

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I really need to go thru some more of my pixs to find some that I haven't put up here. As I have said, there are certain things that I kind of 'dwell' on--covered bridges, flowers, sunsets, rocks and shells, leaves, etc., etc.

Here is another 'collection' from some of my butterfly pixs. Over the course of our travels, I have had the great fortune to find these fields of wildflowers where everywhere you turn there are butterflies. I try not to use my telephoto lens (I really should) but I chase these darn things all over until I can get close enough to capture some on flowers. Sometimes it does take lots of patience and effort, but the reward is well worth it.
If you ever get a chance to visit one of those butterfly exhibits, do it, there are literally thousands of butterflies flying all over the place and it is easier to capture them in a pix.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Today's pixs have no theme. Just going thru some pix and seeing what might be interesting

A secluded harbor off the coast of Maine

Designs in the sand at a beach somewhere

Horse grazing in a field outside the Great Smokey Mountain National  Park in Tenn

The Newport Bay Bridge with the Lighthouse on Goat Island

Sandpipers ( I believe) on a beach towards sunset

A wonderful rainbow we captured in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Beautiful Lenn (as always).
I especially like the patterns on the beach sand, and the shot of the three birds is just perfect with the reflection of each one staring back up at him.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Today's group--  Sunsets

I could fill maybe 5 albums with pix of the sunsets I have taken. Where ever we travel, we have always tried to take a few minutes, find a great spot to watch the sunset and hopefully, get a few good pix. We go to Cape Cod every winter and I have gotten some truly amazing sunsets from there, but the best sunsets are while Cruising, when you can catch the sun setting on the horizon basically every night. Obviously, some are better than others, with the clouds that are available, making some pix truly remarkable.
going thru some of my sunset pixs, I have been very lucky to have experienced some truly remarkable events of nature.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Lenn,

Your eye for capturing nature astounds me! I look at your pics and just stare in amazement at how truly beautiful and magnificent God's creation is. You capture these scenes so wonderfully. If I'm having a down day, looking at your photos are therapeutic!

Thank you so much for sharing these! I truly appreciate you and you skills! And you're a Giants fan too?!? So glad to be in your circle!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on January 23, 2021, 06:17:15 PM
Lenn,

Your eye for capturing nature astounds me! I look at your pics and just stare in amazement at how truly beautiful and magnificent God's creation is. You capture these scenes so wonderfully. If I'm having a down day, looking at your photos are therapeutic!

Thank you so much for sharing these! I truly appreciate you and you skills! And you're a Giants fan too?!? So glad to be in your circle!

Tim

You're making me blush.

Always glad to share things like this with good friends. (and an Air Force guy, and gal, to boot)   :ok: :ok: :ok:

And anytime you ever want to take that cruise, give a holler.  We are ALWAYS ready.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: T200 on January 23, 2021, 06:17:15 PM
Lenn,

I'll second this! You have a keen eye for the shot, Lenn.

John Mara

LennG

Thanks, guys. Sunsets are pretty easy, you keep shooting as the sun goes down and then edit out the good ones and bad ones.

As I said, whenever we cruise, especially in the Caribbean, we try and schedule our dinners so we have time to watch the sunset and then go to dinner. It usually works out OK, unless, like when we cruised Northern Europe in August, when the sun didn't set until maybe 10 PM or so. We had to make a choice, sunset or the production show and depending upon who or what the show was, it usually won out.

My next batch will feature may be the best sunset, as far as color goes, we have ever seen.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I want to continue the sunset adventure. As I said last week, I have had the great fortune to be at a certain location when all the sunset Gods seem to favor us. The atmosphere was perfect, the type of clouds were perfect and as the sunset, especially right after it set, the sky just was illuminated in the most remarkable colors that you simply were amazed. This has happened to me 3 times at such a high level that pictures simply cannot capture the event, though I tried. Especially, out at sea, where you can see the entire horizon and the entire sky is ablaze in color. How can one, whatever size pix you have, tell that story. I did take a couple of videos but, for the life of me, don't know how to post them here.
Anyway, here are some of the pixs that tried to capture the event.

And the second time was off the coast of Cape Cod

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

The sky looks like it's on fire in those pix. Unbelievable! What a beautiful setting.

John Mara