News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Quote from: T200 on March 27, 2022, 10:35:32 PM
Bump for our group photogs. It's been a while since we've seen some great shots!
This is true and I was thinking the same thing. Now I know I'm a bit guilty. I haven't been that active with the camera lately. I've taken a few shots, but nothing I thought about posting. I'll have to review what I have and maybe post a few just to keep things going. Hopefully Lenn and Moose (the real pros) and anyone else whos got some nice shots will go thru some of their stuff and do the same.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

I have been taking some trips and taking more pix, but I really haven't had the time to go thru them and see what's what. I am so behind on this. I just started going thru my pix from last Fall in New Hampshire. Many of the places we travel to, we have been many times, and even though I enjoy taking pix of things, some places and things have been photographed so many times, I sort of took a break.

I will start to put some more up in a week or so.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

As I said, I am just getting around to sorting out and editing some of my pix from last year.

So, I know it's not Fall, but we ventured to the While Mountains of New Hampshire and tried to find some new things to gaze at. It's hard because we have been there many times and it all is wonderful if you catch the colors right. So here are a few, hopefully, that I didn't shoot last year and repost, in the same place at different time. Our only regret was the weather as it was overcast and rainy or drizzly most of the time we were there. Sometimes it makes for a better pix, but overall, I would always prefer that deep blue sky.

Taken from our balcony at dusk

Just one of so many back roads where the colors were truly amazing

Along a picturesque stream

We always pay a visit to this grand hotel, Mt Washington Resort. It is set in a magical setting anytime, but we happen to be there a bit late in the day and the sun was shining on the mountains behind this magnificent resort--with the reflection of all in the lake in front, I must have taken about 60 pix in this setting. Maybe some of my best shots in a long time.

We always visit a town called Meredith, NH as my daughter in law is named Meridith and we always like to send her pix of this charming town right on Lake Winnippesaki

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Just finished going thru some 'older' pix from a visit around Williamsburg Virginia and the surrounding area.  We were there during summer so things look really in bloom and colorful. Hope you enjoy

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Incredible, as always, Lenn. Every picture better than the last.
I love that caterpillar strolling along the branch, and those mountains behind the Mt Washington Resort look like they're on fire!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

Bill Brown

I had a good friend who was the manager of The Mt. Washington Hotel back in the late seventies.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Quote from: ps11yat14 on April 03, 2022, 07:19:48 PM
I had a good friend who was the manager of The Mt. Washington Hotel back in the late seventies.

Bill

Bill

We weren't there back then, but we always make it a point to stop in there when we travel thru that area. The hotel is so grand and even though we aren't guests, we wander about, sit at the fire pits, or just grab a bite to eat and sit on the veranda. One time we went in and a gentleman asked us if we wanted him to show us around. We thought it was a pay-for tour, but he said, no charge as he was the official greeter or something like that. he took us on a tour of the place. Told us a wonderful story of how Princess Carolina comes to stay here and brings her own bed with her. When she goes to eat in the huge dining room, everyone has to stand until she is seated at her table at the head of the room and if she finishes and leaves, again everyone has to stand until she departs. He also gave us the skinny on some of the haunted rooms in the place, one in particular that no one stays in anymore.
Such a grand old place with so much history, and a photogenic wonder.

And this has been my screen saver for this winter

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 28, 2022, 05:20:08 AM
I want to take pictures of the moon.

I have a lens that can zoom in and view the moon but it
The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

We were down in Florida a couple of weeks ago for the IMSA sports car races in Sebring. Three days of racing, culminating in the 12 Hour race on Saturday. We hadn't been to Sebring since 2019 - the world shut down the week before the 2020 race, so we were looking forward to this one.

The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

After Sebring, we headed up to Orlando for a couple of days with the Mouse. Went to Magic Kingdom and stayed for the nightly fireworks. It is a spectacular show!

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was the view from our room...

The Moose is Loose!

Moose135

Saturday, I went to the Shaw AFB air show. Shaw is in South Carolina, about 2 hours from Charlotte. They had a bunch of stuff flying, with the Thunderbirds being the main attraction.

The Moose is Loose!

ozzie

Moose, All I can say about those last three groups of pictures is WOW!!!

John Mara

Moose135

The Moose is Loose!

T200

Len,

Great shots as usual! You never fail to disappoint with the great views and the wonderful colors.

John,

Love seeing you capture the moon. I've always been fascinated by it and your shots are always on point. Really love the action shots of the race cars as well.

Dover AFB hasn't had an air show since before the pandemic. They're kicking it off in a big way next month by have both the Thunderbirds AND the Blue Angels at the same show!!! It's gonna be epic!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Moose135

Thanks! We may have to look at Dover - girlfriend's parents live about a half hour from the base, we'd have a place to stay and someone to watch the dog!
The Moose is Loose!