News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

QuoteAll 3 pics taken on Lake Ontario in NY while Fishing

Nice pics. I'm more curious if that is your rig or if you chartered. I've spent quite a bit of time on Lake Ontario fishing for Kings on my ex-father-in-law's boat. Great times and caught a lot of fish. I still have a dedicated tackle box filled with spoons and J-Plugs in chartreuse, green, yellow, purple, silver, etc., and a couple of Pflueger reels left over (that's if my kids haven't run off with them...which they probably have). I still go up to Pulaski to fish the river when they are running and sometimes Oswego to fish the inlet with a noodle rod, but it's been a couple of years so your pictures make me want to get off my butt and get back at it  :yes:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 28, 2022, 09:24:16 AM
Nice pics. I'm more curious if that is your rig or if you chartered. I've spent quite a bit of time on Lake Ontario fishing for Kings on my ex-father-in-law's boat. Great times and caught a lot of fish. I still have a dedicated tackle box filled with spoons and J-Plugs in chartreuse, green, yellow, purple, silver, etc., and a couple of Pflueger reels left over (that's if my kids haven't run off with them...which they probably have). I still go up to Pulaski to fish the river when they are running and sometimes Oswego to fish the inlet with a noodle rod, but it's been a couple of years so your pictures make me want to get off my butt and get back at it  :yes:
Charter.  Boat is called the Predator.

We fished mostly Kings but would also catch lakers browns and steelhead.

I never had luck at Pulaski went a couple times

2 different trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

QuoteI never had luck at Pulaski went a couple times

I learned to take an extra set of clothes with me. I have waders that go up almost to my arm pits and when you go down and fill them suckers up, it's a cold ride home. That's what always killed me about Pulaski, one minute you're knee deep in rushing water standing on slippery rocks and you take one step and it drops more than a foot...splash @#$@^%^  >:( 2

The other thing that drives me crazy is when you're standing in the river, the salmon are running into your legs, but you can't catch one...LOL

Your first pic looks like you killed the Kings and in the second, mostly trout. Regardless, nice haul in both
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Absolutely LOVE the wildlife shots, Moose.
And Slugs, Great pix and a lovely haul of fish. I used to go out fishing regularly when I lived on L.I. Boy do I miss it.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Great pixs guys.

Loved the double rainbow.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

ON the mainboard, I put up a few of my pics from Memorial Places I have visited.

One of my favorite cities EVER is Washington DC. It is heaven for a photographer with just so many wonderful monuments and attractions known worldwide. I can fill these pages for a week with many of the pics I have taken there, but because this is Memorial Day weekend, I want to focus on Arlington National Cemetery. If you have never been there and are thinking of taking a trip to DC, do NOT miss this place. It is just over the bridge into Virginia and between visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, JFK's grave and so many other famous graves that are in this cemetery, it will not disappoint.

On our last visit, we stayed for the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It happens every hour (sometimes every 1/2 hour) 24 hours a day 365 days a year, regardless of the weather or anything else.

If anyone is interested, here is what the Medal Of Honor looks like

Arlington Cemetery

If you don't know who Audie Murphy was, he was the most decorated American Soldier EVER

And last the memorial for JFK

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I have been very lax on getting, my photos online and posting them.

Since I was talking about Washinton DC in my last group and said that DC is maybe the best city to photograph things, let me post a few more of my many pix of Washington DC.

And we ventured over the Potomac to Mount Vernon to visit George and Martha at their home

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Love the shot of Lincoln. Very powerful image.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on June 04, 2022, 08:16:36 PM
Love the shot of Lincoln. Very powerful image.

Just standing in front of that statue is truly awe-inspiring. It is so lifelike, from his head, to even his hands.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Great shots, Len.

You'd fit right in if you had on the uniform!  =)) =)) =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Wife and I were on the road yesterday and i saw this and had her snap a pic of a 'BBH' fan!

Shoelessjoe

Haven't posted here as of late as I was taken lessons of Lightroom and Photoshop in an attempt to improve my post processing skills. Here are a few random that I hope you like.

Shoelessjoe

Some Sunset from Duck NC in April.

T200

@Shoelessjoe Sunset shots look great, Frank!

ozzie

It's been a while since I contributed anything to this thread, but the lovely Mrs. and myself just returned from our very first cruise, a 3 week jaunt along the Mediterranean Coast! We visited from Barcelona to Turkey and I have a ton of pix I'd like to share. Hopefully nobody gets too bored.
Here are a few from Barcelona:

This is the The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família.
The intricate stone work on the outside is just amazing.

And here's a peek inside:

John Mara