News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks for your insight Lenn. I have a lot of respect for you opinion since we seem to like all the same things  :ok:

Well, except that you hate my Yanks  :(  LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 21, 2022, 03:38:26 PMThanks for your insight Lenn. I have a lot of respect for you opinion since we seem to like all the same things  :ok:

Hate is putting it mildly.    =))  =))  =))  =))
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on July 21, 2022, 04:11:31 PMHate is putting it mildly.    =))  =))  =))  =))

I really did laugh out loud!!!

You crack me up, Lenny!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on July 21, 2022, 04:54:51 PMI really did laugh out loud!!!

You crack me up, Lenny!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Anytime. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 21, 2022, 03:38:26 PMThanks for your insight Lenn. I have a lot of respect for you opinion since we seem to like all the same things  :ok:

Your Yanks are a powerhouse this year. But I'll continue to cheer for my beloved BoSox!

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Good pitching will always shut down good hitting.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Today I saw an ad for a brand new movie on Netflix, 'The Grey Men', and reading the synopsis, I really couldn't wait to watch this.

"Six, a highly-skilled assassin in the deep-cover Sierra program of the CIA, is the agency's best merchant of death. However, a mission goes bad and now Six is on the run from the CIA with sociopathic former agent Lloyd Hansen hot on his trail. Aided by agent Dani Miranda and handler Donald Fitzroy, Six must be his most ruthless to avoid Hansen, who will stop at nothing to bring Six down" 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1649418/

Sounds interesting--right?. Well, if you like the Jason bourne series and then add to that the Rambo series, this is even way beyond that. If you like action, no matter how silly it is, if you like explosions and anything and everything getting blown up, rush over to your TV and start watching.
 I LOVE action movies, but they do have to be somewhat realistic, like the Bourne series. They were great. This movie was made for the intelligence of a rabbit, where basically one man can incredibly overcome literally an army of men and still come out the winner, while 2 people can invade a seeming fortress, with so many men guarding it and still come out winners, well this as beyond me.
When you can have a firefight in the streets of a major European city, for over 10 minutes, basically looking like they destroyed half this city, annihilating police, etc. you will love this.
maybe I am overthinking this and should have just sat back and watched it numb-wise, but I still have a semblance of a brain and this was beyond belief.
I would love to discuss more of this but I really don't want to give any plot lines away in case people do want to watch and, I'm sure, many will. So, if you do, be your own judge.
Again, more action, shootings, car chases, and explosions than one could fit into 3 movies, so if that is your thing, sit back and enjoy.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I have Gray Man in queue, but really into Better Call Saul right now. I'll watch it one of these nights. Watched the trailer and immediately put it in queue  :ok:

LennG

A very hot Saturday and no place to go but sit in the nice AC room and watch a couple of movies.

#1-- a brand new movie on Hulu--"The Prey"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11866324/.

It is a very interesting premise. I don't know if anyone is or was a fan of the Predator movie series. I know I saw the first one with Arnold S and possibly the second one. After that, I really wasn't interested. So they have brought it back with a surprisingly interesting twist. It takes place in 1707 and deals with this Preditor involved with Indians, mostly the Commanche nation. It got a very good write-up in our daily paper, so I figured, what the heck, sounds interesting enough and I was not disappointed. As most know I am a huge fan of westerns, Cowboys, and Indians, and this had a lot of Indians. Anyway, not to go into too much detail, but I found the novelty of having this creature fight Indians and others to be quite interesting and enjoyable. There is some blood (nothing too graphic)and lots of action and the young lady who plays the lead of the Indians was quite good. If this is your thing, a really enjoyable couple of hours.

The second movie I had wanted to see for a while--"Unforgivable" starring an almost unrecognizable Sanda Bullock.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11233960/

It is a very dark movie, not a chuckle in it which is quite a change for Ms. Bullock, but she was just great in her role.

The movie is about a woman, just getting released from prison for murdering a sheriff. Not everyone is happy she is being released. It follows her journey dealing with her parole agent, getting and holding a job, where she has to live, and most of all trying to find out about a younger sister who was sent elsewhere when Ms. Bullock was jailed and Ms. Bullock never knew where he sister was. As I said, a very dark and sometimes depressing movie, but I found it fascinating, almost feeling how Ms. Bullock must feel dealing with the everyday hardships of being an ex-con and the wrath she is getting from the police, etc. Ms. Bullock's performance is truly remarkable. I like this movie a lot.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I have just gotten into a show on Amazon Prime called Eureka. Not sure what station originally carried it, but it was on for 5 seasons starting in 2006.
It's about the fictional town Eureka, Oregon which was created by the government to be a "think tank" sort of place for geniuses to live and work on projects that could benefit mankind.
The new Sheriff is a former FBI investigator who is NOT a genius and is still getting used to the place while having to solve the many problems that arise in a town of brainiacs who's "experiments" often go very wrong.
There is also a "Top Secret" Military angle to all of this and some resistance from one or two folks towards the Sheriff.
I like the cast, the show has some laughs and does not take itself seriously while holding my interest. Episodes are about 45 minutes or so without the commercials. So, if you enjoy some light sci-fi, check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

Quote from: ozzie on August 07, 2022, 08:50:43 AMI have just gotten into a show on Amazon Prime called Eureka. Not sure what station originally carried it, but it was on for 5 seasons starting in 2006.
It's about the fictional town Eureka, Oregon which was created by the government to be a "think tank" sort of place for geniuses to live and work on projects that could benefit mankind.
The new Sheriff is a former FBI investigator who is NOT a genius and is still getting used to the place while having to solve the many problems that arise in a town of brainiacs who's "experiments" often go very wrong.
There is also a "Top Secret" Military angle to all of this and some resistance from one or two folks towards the Sheriff.
I like the cast, the show has some laughs and does not take itself seriously while holding my interest. Episodes are about 45 minutes or so without the commercials. So, if you enjoy some light sci-fi, check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I watched that series years ago on Netflix.  enjoyable light fair
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 07, 2022, 08:55:04 AMI watched that series years ago on Netflix.  enjoyable light fair
So did I. Enjoyed it.

Jolly Blue Giant

I watched "Tower Heist" last night and it was a decent movie (Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Téa Leoni, Alan Alda, Mathew Broderick, Robt Downey Sr., Judd Hirsch, etc.) - comedy/thriller/action

Jolly Blue Giant

Finally got around to watching "The Gray Man" - pretty good. In the realm of John Wick (impossible odds as top assassins in the world trying to kill a top assassin - stars Ryan Gosling vs. Chris Evans) I'd give it 4 stars just because I like action thrillers

Half way through the first season of Breaking Bad. I like it a lot. Finished the first five seasons of Better Call Saul a week ago, but haven't delved into the 6th season because I want to watch all of Breaking Bad first in order to see how the two tie together

Slugsy-Narrows

Watching season 3 of The Boys!  Best season yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk