News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

I just started watching Season one as they started showing it on ABC. They show 3 episodes a week. I think I am 6 episodes into it. I like it a lot, it's a fun show and they reveal a little bit more about the three and their personal lives every episode.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on January 20, 2024, 09:53:09 AMI just started watching Season one as they started showing it on ABC. They show 3 episodes a week. I think I am 6 episodes into it. I like it a lot, it's a fun show and they reveal a little bit more about the three and their personal lives every episode.

I thought (at first) that you were talking about Fargo 1st season, but you must be talking about "Only Murders in the Building", since you mention the three characters. I didn't know it was being shown on regular TV, since it is a "made for Hulu" show. I thought it was only on Hulu where they have all three seasons, same as Fargo where they have all 5 seasons on Hulu. I had no idea ABC was showing anything like that. Must be you don't have Hulu
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Yes, sorry, I was talking about "Murders...."
I didn't know ABC was going to be showing it. I never saw an ad for it being televised I just happened to stumble upon it while looking at the programming guide one day. I'm glad I found it, I enjoy it. I hope they will show the following seasons too.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

I know this is old, but I've been meaning to watch this show for a while now, and here's the chance, 'The Mandolorean.'

Plus I have started the new season of Reacher. I am only 1 episode in but I forgot what a great character Reacher was. I know I'm going to enjoy it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I decided to check out "Northern Exposure" and I'm hooked. Never saw it before...can't stop watching it after a couple of episodes. Good clean show  :(

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 23, 2024, 09:44:25 PMI decided to check out "Northern Exposure" and I'm hooked. Never saw it before...can't stop watching it after a couple of episodes. Good clean show  :(

Ric

As you watch and get the know the sort of quirks of each character it gets a whole lot better and funnier as you get to know what to expect from each.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on January 24, 2024, 01:28:04 PMRic

As you watch and get the know the sort of quirks of each character it gets a whole lot better and funnier as you get to know what to expect from each.
Quirks??? What quirks...LOL

ozzie

Just watched the movie "No Hard Feelings" on Netflix yesterday. Rom-Com starring Jennifer Lawrence.
Plot is she is down on her luck and needing a car so she can raise money to keep her home from foreclosure.
She spots an ad from a couple to "Date" their socially awkward son and bring him out of his shell before he heads off to college. It was the usual Rom-Com fare with a few good laughs and a decent way to kill 90 minutes with something light hearted.
Oh, and Ms. Lawrence bares it all on the beach!

John Mara

LennG

I know I am very late to the table with this one, but I have been watching The Mandalorian on Disney. I am about mid-way thru season 2 and like it very much. Sure it isn't high on drama, but if anyone was ever a fan of the simpler Star Wars saga, you will simply love this show. I also like that each episode is about 40 minutes so I can stuff a group into a smaller viewing window.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: ozzie on January 25, 2024, 09:26:08 AMJust watched the movie "No Hard Feelings" on Netflix yesterday. Rom-Com starring Jennifer Lawrence.
Plot is she is down on her luck and needing a car so she can raise money to keep her home from foreclosure.
She spots an ad from a couple to "Date" their socially awkward son and bring him out of his shell before he heads off to college. It was the usual Rom-Com fare with a few good laughs and a decent way to kill 90 minutes with something light hearted.
Oh, and Ms. Lawrence bares it all on the beach!
I watched it on your recommendation. It was just interesting enough to hold me. That beach scene was ugly. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry had the naked girlfriend trying to open a jar. lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on January 24, 2024, 01:28:04 PMRic

We're watching it but Linda is losing interest.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 28, 2024, 12:23:01 PMI watched it on your recommendation. It was just interesting enough to hold me. That beach scene was ugly. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry had the naked girlfriend trying to open a jar. lol
HAHA! Good comparison!

John Mara

Bill Brown

Just watched "The Beekeeper" As a fan of Jason Statham, I enjoyed it. Typical Statham. Lots of death and destruction.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

We just finished 'Only Murderers In The Building's season 3 and we both liked it very much. As with the past two seasons, I missed on who I thought the murderer was. But this season was just as good as the last two especially Ms Streep whenever she was on screen.

On another note I have started watching this new short series on Hulu, 'Echo'. It is only 5 episodes and I have finished 2. It is ok with lots of action but not a lot of suspense. I will finish it.
Briefly it is about a woman (an Indian) who lost a leg as a child and basically turned hitman/assassin later on.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I am, almost finished with season 3 of The Mandalorian and like it very much. Has anyone seen this entire series as I have a question and only want to address it to someone who has seen the entire series.

Charlie Weiss