News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Some good free movies on tubi streaming channel

Started by squibber, November 30, 2020, 09:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I have seen Lion, several years ago and it was just a terrific watch. I probably wrote a glowing review in the movie thread we have. EXCELLENT movie and I believe a true story.

I'm pretty sure I've also seen Walk in the Woods, but I just can't recall the plot lines. That one does sound interesting enough to give it a watch.

Thanks
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

squibber

On a side note, I downloaded the Peacock streaming ap.  Many of the shows are free.  There is a British Drama called Save Me and it stars Lenny James who plays Morgan in the Walking Dead. Lenny James's acting is fantastic. The show is pretty good. The one drawback is the accents are a bit thick and it's sometimes hard to understand what the actors are saying.

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

squibber

I saw two more good movies on tubi.

The Way Back: A handful of prisoners including one American(Ed Harris) and a thug(Colin Ferrell) escape a harsh Siberian prison camp and trek 900 miles through mountains and deserts to reach freedom.

Transsiberian: Woody Harrelson plays an innocent and naive husband that just completed a missionary trip with his wife in China. They decide to take a side trip on the Transsiberian railroad before they go back to America. They meet a young couple on the train that turn out to be shady. Harrelson and his wife get tangled up in danger, drug dealers and crooked Russian Cops.

LennG

Quote from: squibber on December 23, 2020, 05:24:16 PM
I saw two more good movies on tubi.

The Way Back: A handful of prisoners including one American(Ed Harris) and a thug(Colin Ferrell) escape a harsh Siberian prison camp and trek 900 miles through mountains and deserts to reach freedom.

Transsiberian: Woody Harrelson plays an innocent and naive husband that just completed a missionary trip with his wife in China. They decide to take a side trip on the Transsiberian railroad before they go back to America. They meet a young couple on the train that turn out to be shady. Harrelson and his wife get tangled up in danger, drug dealers and crooked Russian Cops.

I've seen them both. Good watches--not exceptional but entertaining enough.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

squibber

Here are two other movies I saw. Both are good but not great. Hey, they

LennG

This Triangle, what's the difference between this and any other 'slasher' type movie? You know, the poor good looking kids get killed off one by one and each in a different way. Gosh, if I were a serial killer and after a group of kids, why would I need to kill each one in a different way?
Anyway, not my type of movie.

I watch TCM for 'free' movies. Even the bad ones are good. I am into a lot of 'film noir' these days, you know those old Black and white crime movies from the late '40s and early '50s, some with great stars and others with people you never heard of. . I watched one this AM, don't even remember the name, but it was probably some 'B' movie
when it came out, but, you know what, it was decent enough to hold my interest, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
You want good movies, like in this genre, try Double Indemnity, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Maltese Falcon. White Heat, and any good movie with Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake. They both made their careers on these types of movies.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on January 07, 2021, 04:27:04 PM
This Triangle, what's the difference between this and any other 'slasher' type movie? You know, the poor good looking kids get killed off one by one and each in a different way. Gosh, if I were a serial killer and after a group of kids, why would I need to kill each one in a different way?
Anyway, not my type of movie.

I watch TCM for 'free' movies. Even the bad ones are good. I am into a lot of 'film noir' these days, you know those old Black and white crime movies from the late '40s and early '50s, some with great stars and others with people you never heard of. . I watched one this AM, don't even remember the name, but it was probably some 'B' movie
when it came out, but, you know what, it was decent enough to hold my interest, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
You want good movies, like in this genre, try Double Indemnity, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Maltese Falcon. White Heat, and any good movie with Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake. They both made their careers on these types of movies.

Lenn: I too notice that most old-time movies (approximately pre-1955) are fun to watch (even the bad ones).  I know what you mean.  Bob

squibber

Lenn, I saw some of those B&W movies like Maltese Falcon but I got out of the habit for some reason. I will have to record some of those TCM movies

squibber

jimv

Quote from: squibber on January 07, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
Lenn, I saw some of those B&W movies like Maltese Falcon but I got out of the habit for some reason. I will have to record some of those TCM movies

squib, get back into the habit!  Especially, watch 1939 movies;  That is considered the GREATEST YEAR in movie history.

LennG

Quote from: squibber on January 07, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
I happen to mention that particular movie as I consider it my favorite all-time movie. I am a HUGE Bogart fan and anything he was ever in, I have watched. Obviously some better than others, but I am a sucker for this 'film noir' and the mystery/crime dramas. Put Bogart in them with some excellent supporting cast members, and I can catch that movie every week.

Again, thanks for the heads up on the Triangle flix. I think I'll pass on that one though.

Charlie Weiss