News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The most memorable TV character deaths

Started by LennG, January 22, 2021, 12:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I found this list very interesting. I'm sure there could be more added. but I have seen maybe 2/3 of the shows and knew of these characters deaths.

If you plan on watching any of these shows, most of the deaths have been known and publicized for quite a while, but it could also be a 'spoiler alert'.

My own thoughts. to me, the biggest surprise was the death of Ned Stark about 1/2 way thru the first season of Game of Thrones. Ned was the main character up to that point, the star of the series, and in an instant he was dead. You knew then, no one on this show would ever be safe again, and there were MANY more deaths to come that took fans totally by surprise.

I would also say the death of Christopher on the Sopranos was really a shock.
And I have said it many times already, when they killed off Dextors's wife at the end of Season 4, I was totally in shock. It really took me a while to get over that.
Colonel Henry Blake demise was also a huge shock (I knew he was leaving, it was just a question of how they planned to do it)

One that wasn't`meantioned was Hank Schrader (Walts DEA brother in law) in Breaking Bad. Really one of the 'good' guys on this terrific series.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on January 22, 2021, 12:32:36 PM
I found this list very interesting. I'm sure there could be more added. but I have seen maybe 2/3 of the shows and knew of these characters deaths.

If you plan on watching any of these shows, most of the deaths have been known and publicized for quite a while, but it could also be a 'spoiler alert'.

My own thoughts. to me, the biggest surprise was the death of Ned Stark about 1/2 way thru the first season of Game of Thrones. Ned was the main character up to that point, the star of the series, and in an instant he was dead. You knew then, no one on this show would ever be safe again, and there were MANY more deaths to come that took fans totally by surprise.

I would also say the death of Christopher on the Sopranos was really a shock.
And I have said it many times already, when they killed off Dextors's wife at the end of Season 4, I was totally in shock. It really took me a while to get over that.
Colonel Henry Blake demise was also a huge shock (I knew he was leaving, it was just a question of how they planned to do it)

One that wasn't`meantioned was Hank Schrader (Walts DEA brother in law) in Breaking Bad. Really one of the 'good' guys on this terrific series.
THEY KILLED HER?!?!?!?!? LENNY!!!!!

:P :P :P :P

Just messing with ya  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

One recent one is the first one from Ozark. I won't say the name.

LennG

Quote from: T200 on January 22, 2021, 02:39:55 PM

YES,  YES YES

Totally shocked at that one
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on January 22, 2021, 02:39:55 PM
Yup - there was quite a few in the first season including the surprise sky dive/splat. The biggest shockers to me though was when Darlene Snell blew Del Rio away after he referred to them as Rednecks. I laughed so hard I almost had tears and I was in shock because of how powerful and terrifying Del Rio was. Or the surprise when Darlene murdered her husband. And of course, can't forget Cade Langmore snuffing FBI agent Roy Petty or later when Cade was blown away. But the last few seconds of the last season when Helen lost a large portion of her brains made me jump (and laugh and smile). So many in that show. I still laugh at the speeding garbage truck that didn't even touch his brakes...  =))

So many. Such a fun show!

In the first Fargo series when Lester killed his wife with a hammer. Or when Lorne Malvo killed Hess and his wife singing "la, la, la" or when he killed everyone in the elevator.

In the second season of Fargo I was really upset about the daughter of the Gerhardt crime family was taken to the woods (by family) and executed when the family felt she talked too much and therefore expendable.

Like Ozark - a lot of surprise deaths  <:-P
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

T200

LennG

I know very few here watch Game of Thrones. As I already mentioned Ned Stark, thru the show's 7 seasons, there have been countless main, and sub-main characters, killed off, some in very gruesome ways.

The Red Wedding was superior in this as it killed off several main characters, all at the same time.

The Walking Dead was also famous for killing off more 'main' characters than many people thought necessary. I think one of the real intense feelings for that show was you never knew who was safe at any time. It just added to the suspense. We used to discuss, in-depth, which characters we felt were safe and really impossible to kill off, but many still surprised us.
Last being Alpha. I just never saw that coming at all.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Glenn in The Walking Dead. Graphic. It was the shove that began the show's decline.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

The two most shocking to me were two Lenn already mentioned....Dexter's wife Rita and Col. Blake on M*A*S*H.
I never saw either of them coming. In fact the scene where Radar announces Blake's death to the rest of the company is still pretty moving.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on January 25, 2021, 08:55:17 AM
The two most shocking to me were two Lenn already mentioned....Dexter's wife Rita and Col. Blake on M*A*S*H.
I never saw either of them coming. In fact the scene where Radar announces Blake's death to the rest of the company is still pretty moving.

That was, Lou. I was a fan of MASH from day one and never missed a show. I, like many, knew Maclean Stevenson wasn't coming back as he had opted out. Just no one knew how they were going to write him out. Most felt he would be getting a transfer back to the States, but when Radar made that announcement, I think everyone was in shock. That was a landmark show also, because, really, un until then, the show was played mostly for laughs. After that, there were many 'serious' episodes that just made the show so endearing to its followers.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

Thought i read somewhere that  Colonel Blakes death was withheld from cast so the reaction was real.

LennG

Quote from: GIANTS1 on January 27, 2021, 10:43:39 AM
Thought i read somewhere that  Colonel Blakes death was withheld from cast so the reaction was real.

You are correct.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Radar didn't know it even in rehearsal as they had something different written on his script. Only when they filmed it, did he read about Blakes's death.

Charlie Weiss