News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

100 greatest movie songs

Started by LennG, February 10, 2021, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGekko80

Also check out Ludovico Einaudi. "Una Mattina" is fantastic.
Found him on the score of "Les Untouchables" - it's the original (french) version of "The Upside".

Ezio Bosso.
Ezio Bosso (13 September 1971

ozzie

HAHA, As soon as I read the title of this thread the first song I thought of was "Captain Spaulding"! But that's just the way my mind works I guess.
So many songs from so many movies, its a fun subject and like the rest of you, there are plenty more I could add.
I agree with Lenn in that I think Disney movies alone could fill up a list of great songs.
Almost anything Fred Astaire danced to would make my list.
And I don't know if you would count them as "Movie songs", but the Beatles were in a couple of flix that used their own music as the soundtrack!
Keep your favorites coming, its fun seeing what everyone else likes.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

One of my all time favorite movie scores is the theme from the Exorcist by Krzysztof Penderecki.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Back to movie scores.

Aside from "Ben Hur," here some other great scores from Miklos :
Quo Vadis
King of Kings
Thief of Bagdad (1940)
Spellbound
Jungle Book (1942)
Ivanhoe
The Killers
Four Feathers (1940)

Some John Williams great scores:
Schindler's List
ET
Jaws
Raiders of the Lost
Superman
Jurassic Park
Empire Strikes Back
Saving Private Ryan
The Patriot

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on February 11, 2021, 01:29:04 PM
HAHA, As soon as I read the title of this thread the first song I thought of was "Captain Spaulding"! But that's just the way my mind works I guess.
So many songs from so many movies, its a fun subject, and like the rest of you, there are plenty more I could add.
I agree with Lenn in that I think Disney movies alone could fill up a list of great songs.
Almost anything Fred Astaire danced to would make my list.
And I don't know if you would count them as "Movie songs", but the Beatles were in a couple of flix that used their own music as the soundtrack!
Keep your favorites coming, its fun seeing what everyone else likes.

Every Disney movie (animated) had to have a big-time song to go along with it. Just so many great ones, but one of my favorites was Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas.

Yes, of course, the Beatles movies, so many great songs.

Some more of my favorites

Sounds of Silence--The Graduate
Born To Be Wild--Easy Rider
This Land Is Your Land--Bound For Glory
Old Time Rock and Roll--Risky Business
Pretty Woman--Movie of the same
Gonna Fly Now--Rocky
Can't Help Falling In Love--Blue Hawaii
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss