News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

100 all time best TV dramas

Started by LennG, February 15, 2021, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We seem to be finished with 100 best movie songs, so lets move on to a different department, 100 best, all time TV dramas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/100-best-tv-dramas-of-all-time/ss-BB19p9TD?li=BBnb2gh&ocid=mailsignout#image=101

I can't say I agree with many on the list as there are so many I have never even heard of and some I have heard of but never watched. As we got down to the top 25 or 30, I know most of them and probably have watched many of them.

While it may be debatable what #1 is, I had it in my top 3 every time we do top TV show lists.

But, like with the songs, there are many, many that aren't on this list

Some of my favorites that aren't on this list
Columbo
Star Trek (the original)
Some of the real older shows like Have Gun Will Travel, Dragnet,
The Wonder Years, just to name a few, but to me, my all-time favorite TV show, and I do mean all time, was not on this list and I am pissed
Hill Street Blues
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Nothing comes close to the Sopranos for me. Not even remotely.

ozzie

I looked over the list and I have to admit....I never even heard of the majority of those shows!
Some of my favorites from the list are...
Twilight Zone
Alfred Hitchcock Presents (I am rewatching this series now on a local channel)
Person of Interest
Dexter
Breaking Bad
And probably my all time favorite - The X-Files

One show that wasn't on the list which I loved is the Jonny Lee Miller / Lucy Liu take on Sherlock Holmes - Elementry

An interesting list though with ideas for what to look for on Netflix or Prime.  :happy:

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara