News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Your home town

Started by philo43, March 10, 2021, 05:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philo43

Great post JBG.

Can't believe I missed Johnny Hart too!

I met and got to know him somewhat in Nineveh. He at the time had become a deeply religious person.  I lived in Harpursville, but a very good acquaintance of mine was his "next" door neighbor.  We would be working on my friends house / yard and Johnny would come over and talk to us all the time. We might have a beer out at 11AM (we started working usually at 5 AM), he would just comment that we knew better, then we would have conversations for over a half hour. What a great guy.

Sem

My mom (UE class of 51), was friends with Johnny Hart in HS, and they were in many art classes together throughout their school years in Endicott. As far I know their friendship didn't continue past HS though. I went to HS with Hart's daughter, Perri, but we had a large class (UE '75), and I hardly knew her. Comic strips B.C. and Wizard of ID are both penned by Johnny Hart's grandson, (Perri's nephew), Mason. And speaking of comic strips, I grew up with, and used to play baseball with John Marshall. Since 2005 Marshall has been drawing the comic strip Blondie. He was a long time friend and protege of Johhny Hart, and the two of them used to draw all kinds of things over the years for various local events. I have no idea if those drawings still exist out in the public though.

LennG

Brooklyn NY

What else is there to say. Stuff of legends
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

squibber

Quote from: LennG on March 14, 2021, 05:38:44 PM
Brooklyn NY

What else is there to say. Stuff of legends

Just wondering if Brooklyn is a good place to stay as a home base for two nights. I

Bob In PA

Quote from: squibber on March 26, 2021, 01:49:47 PM
Just wondering if Brooklyn is a good place to stay as a home base for two nights. I
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 26, 2021, 01:59:35 PM
squib: I'm not from Brooklyn but I have no trouble stating Brooklyn pizza is world-renowned (unless you are from Chicago LOL).  Bob

Pizza in the entire NYC area is to-notch!

LennG

Quote from: squibber on March 26, 2021, 01:49:47 PM
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss